Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

I've always maintained I'd rather not have the game than have your lack of mental health on my conscience.

I ask my 6yo daughter for her best effort. Success or failure - I am proud of her for trying her best. You have also lived up to this standard, and beyond. I therefore bear you no ill will, and only congratulate you for doing your best.

All I can say for the moment is what I said in the Kickstarter comments:

My heart hurts for you, Josh.

Thank you for a great idea, even if it proved too much. Thank you for bringing together a great community. Thank you for letting us know what happened, and for being willing to let others see whether they can contribute.

That there are, after all, limits to what one person can do in creating a complex new thing is not a failure. It's a discovery of another part of reality, every one of which better prepares you to do those things that can be accomplished in this world.

I have no doubt you will achieve awesome things. I hope you'll let us keep in touch with you, so that we can continue to cheer you on. But no matter what, please know I'm glad you tried this, and I wish you the best in every future endeavor.

--Bart

You gave it everything you had, Josh. You poured your heart into it drove you to the brink of madness - and that's not even hyperbole. You shouldn't beat yourself up over it. You did all you could - and at the end of the day, that's the most anyone should expect from you. Try to remember that, okay?

You may not have created a game, but you created something different and likewise excellent: an experience. A journey. I'm glad I got to come along on this journey, and I don't regret any of it. Most of all I love the community that has built itself up around your dream - it's a little cozy corner of the Internet full of wonderful people. We've been here regardless of whether we had any word about LT, and as long as the forums stay up, a lot of us will probably remain for a good while. Take some time away if you need, but don't be a stranger.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

It sucks that it had to end this way, but it was a great ride while it lasted. And you managed to build up a great community of people, as well. I hope we all can keep in touch.

You did great, Josh. Thanks for everything, and I hope to still see you around!

Well.
Honestly, I can't say I'm surprised. Very sad, but not surprised.
You've given it more effort than anyone could have reasonably asked, and I thank you for allowing us to share in your dream for all these years. The project was fantastic, as was your effort to bring it to fruition, and the community you've grown around it is truly fantastic. I met many of my best friends here, and for that I will be eternally thankful.

I, for one, can't do anything but forgive you. I wish you the best in whatever you try to accomplish next. <3

But... can you do us a final favour and keep the forums running? If finances are an issue, I'm sure some of us are willing to chip in (I sure am).
I don't want to lose the community here (or the REKT subforum, I must slightly selfishly say...).

Thanks for everything.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

No worries. Health > game. I've followed the updates over the years, but not really posted anything anywhere. It's a shame the dream won't happen - I always hoped someone/decent studio would step in to offer help but perhaps that's living in cuckoo land! Anyway, all the best, and take care of yourself.

Josh, I'm truly gutted for you, but I'm also gutted that you've tortured yourself over this. Please don't feel bad.

You've given it your best, you've been more resilient than 99% of others would have been, and you've done us proud. Look after yourself, please! :)

Get some rest.
Image LT Backer Number: 647 of 5449.

Thanks for the ride.

It truly was fun.

It may have been hard, and by all means, take the time to grieve, but you'll feel lighter.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Sad, though not surprising and also really, no problem (which doesn't mean I wouldn't have loved to play LT).

Of all the kickstarter-projects I've backed that have failed, this is the one I would probably still have backed if I knew how it would end up.

It's been obvious all the way that this was a genuine and honest project and anyone who've followed this from the start would be foolish not to see that.

Sometimes these things work out, sometimes they don't - as long as it was done honestly, it's all good :)

I already commented over on the KS page but this place, this forum is special and I just wanted you to know Josh, just wanted to say here in this special place that I appreciate everything you tried to do here.

Is this the end of the story? Well, maybe, maybe not. All I do know is that there is a heck of a lot of big development houses out there that are hungry for a slice of the space sim pie. You earned a ton of respect in the business Josh and, well, you never know what effect you had on some of them. Maybe one of them will step in and help you because this was a game of crazy ambition and scope. It would be a terrible loss to gaming in general if this really is the end.

Regardless of what happens to LT, know you have my best wishes Josh for now and always. Please take care of yourself as you are still a very special and talented young man who will always have this crazy community here backing you all the way!

One of us.

God Bless X
Geraldine ;)
Smile People, Space Sims Are Coming Back!
Happy Days Are Here Again :D
Keeping The Faith In Josh Since 2012 :)

Online Now