Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

Could be that he announced to abandon the project (also to get the public off his back), but was reconsidering and is actually continuing to develop on it.. Would be the most interesting scenario.

In his situation, I would look for a new job, but keep part-time development on it. There is really no advantage for him to hand out the code into public domain.

Well, there is the closure and sense of duty argument. If a lot of folks supported me on a project, I could see wanting to show something for the effort. I'll wait patiently since waiting impatiently isn't very productive. Some news would be nice, otherwise we're going to have to start scanning hospital records and obituaries. :-)

He said he was gonna clean up the code and make it presentable before open-sourcing it. That will probably take a couple of months, especially knowing that Josh is somewhat of a perfectionist.
A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.

In magenta we trust

I would like to say something that I hope more people can relate to.

Josh, I backed you up on your Kickstarter campaign and I'm sad that I didn't see LT come to fruition.
That said, the wonder of crowd funding is that each person can donate a small amount of money, and together we can amass enough funds to do something.
If only humanity understood this concept on a larger scale, our solar system wouldn't be a limit!

So while I am slightly disappointed that I didn't have the change to play your game, I harbor no ill will.
If I looked at LT as an investment, I guess I should've been furious by now. But I didn't view it as such - I saw it as group of people uniting towards common goal, and that experience alone was worth participating.

Get a holiday some place nice - be a tourist, sight-see a lot, enjoy the beauty of our planet, get your head off of LT. Live.
You have one life - no work is worth sacrificing your life for because ultimately, you can't rewind time. Don't waste it on work.

All the best!

PS: Jesus Christ, it's been SIX YEARS ALREADY?! :O

Basmannen wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:22 pm
He said he was gonna clean up the code and make it presentable before open-sourcing it. That will probably take a couple of months, especially knowing that Josh is somewhat of a perfectionist.
I think it is the radio silence that drives some of us nuts. Even something minimal like "Clean-up at 17%" would be a relief.

Actually, I agree with these suggestions about the music.

I don't know what financial arrangement Josh made with Francois, but I'd guess that either the soundtrack was a work for hire and Josh now owns it, or Francois still owns it and licensed it to Josh. In either case, there could be some reasonable legal explanation for why Josh wouldn't feel that releasing the soundtrack would be appropriate.

If I'm mistaken, however, I'd sure like to be able to hear the work that Francois did.

Good music has an objective value. It does not age technically (one of the few things in modern media) and is unspecific enough (no lyrics) to be used in another game in the future.
Not sure, if giving it away would be well advised, even if the license allows to do so.

:think: Well, the soundtrack was a reward for many backers as part of their pledge. It's probably the only reward that can be delivered fairly easily as it's not an integral part of the Limit Theory project, being non-dependant on the coding of Josh and Co.

I always said I didn't like that quote of Henry Ford you used, Josh. ;) :angel:

Online Now