Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

As I said on KS:

Failure, having tried, garners no shame. We all pledged on the basis that you were going to try to build LT, and no-one can claim that you didn't do exactly that.

Having a failed project under your belt contributes a great deal more to your experience and subsequent character than a dozen successes; learn the lessons of what went wrong, and you'll be a better developer for it.

And, please, DON'T WORRY. This is, really, not a big deal.

As someone else said, if you're willing to keep the forums going, I'd be happy to contribute to the cost. It's what I've come back for in the last couple of years, and I love every one of the community. But mostly Victor. ;->
--
Mind The Gap

Get well soon, Josh :)

I never had a financial investment in LT, but as many said before, the community and experience would have been worth every penny. It is still sad to see the project go, but in the end your personal health is what matters the most. Take a long break, if you can and hopefully you will find something not as taxing on your health.

Once again, the replies show how awesome this community is and I guess it and I will stick around for a while :)

I absolutely loved the entire experience and definitely think it was worth the 75$ I plonked down, even with no game coming out of it. It was absolutely worth it to give you the ability to develop, and it breaks my heart that the game developer and game that have inspired me to get into gamedev possibly more so than any others are shutting down, but only because I absolutely loved seeing you develop. I spent many happy years reading your dev logs and detailed analyses of the game systems! You inspired me enough that I started working on my own (much smaller and 2D) space game in May that I hope one day to release, although I too have been running into scope issues. Limit Theory will always be among my favorite games, finished or not, because of everything you've done for us.

Please be kind on yourself! I have zero regrets about supporting Limit Theory and I hope you can too.
I truly want you to do what's best for you. You've put in years of work and you need to do what is right and healthy and sustainable for you, whether that's releasing the code and walking away or deleting everything (although I hope you won't), or saving it privately for working on after many, many years of break, or anything in between. I would much rather you be happy and healthy and doing whatever than sick and tired of developing Limit Theory, I've wanted this for you since 2015 and before, and I'm so sorry that you went through all the terrible parts but so thankful for the amazing experience you gave to me.
Thank you!
All my best wishes,
-Jordan

Ringu wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:51 pm
As someone else said, if you're willing to keep the forums going, I'd be happy to contribute to the cost. It's what I've come back for in the last couple of years, and I love every one of the community. But mostly Victor. ;->
Everybody loves Victor. :) And I'll contribute to the cost, too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

You releasing the code (GPL 2 maybe? GitHub maybe?) is the only thing that could be reasonably asked of you at this point.
I have every intention, personally, of contributing to any community project that may be created to try to continue the project.

Thank you for all the hard work Josh, and good luck in your future endeavors!

Gutted for you Josh, I backed this in the wave of space game enthusiasm of 2012, off the back of The Elite Dangerous Kickstarter. I read much and post little and it's been a ride! Loved the idea of one man making a difference, it reminded me of the game mavericks of my childhood, Manic Miner and Attack of the mutant camels. Alas it hasn't panned out but not for the want of trying.

All the best for the future!

Thanks for everything Josh, this was quite a fun ride.
And thanks for all the monkeys :monkey: Ghosts :ghost: and trains :train:
But most of all, thanks for the :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel:
Yea I don't actually know what to say, except, good luck with what ever comes next and if you do start working on another project, do let us know. I think a lot of us would love to see what you try and do next. Regardless if it's solo, with a team, or even a large studio.

O7
Last edited by Prack on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And so it goes.
Thanks for the ride, Josh (and Co). Perhaps later, in a few years, you'll look for that old project of yours and find it risen again from its ashes, in the hands of the community. (Or maybe you won't have to look for it, because you'll be an active member again? :squirrel: ) Keep us posted on your future endeavours!

(I guess we'll get that inversion of the forums after all. ReKT shall become the main forum, and everything LT will go in the LT sub under Games. :ghost: )

Thank you.

- for dreaming big.
- having the tenacity to try your hardest.
- for giving a rag tag group of people a place they can call "home".
- for, by the sheer act of being who you are, fostering a community that is a more than the sum of its parts.

but most of all, thank you for looking out for yourself Josh.

And please remember, we care.

Online Now