Return to “Announcements”

Re: Limit Theory @ PAX South 2018!

SergeDavid wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:38 pm
How in the world did I not have a forum account? Kickstartered the game and I've been pretty afk since the dev videos ended. Randomly saw the Limit Theory booth from the corner of my eye and spent a good 30 minutes talking to the devs and even got a selfie with Josh!

I can't tell ya guys how excited I was to see the game there. Pax was a great event and the hype was real. btw when did the forums change? They look different than what I remember.
Welcome to the forums, SergeDavid! :D I envy you concerning your talk with the LT dev team but especially your selfie with Josh. I'm having problems recalling what he looks like nowadays. :angel:

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:06 pm
I'm not entirely sure that's Adam, by the way.
*sniff* Talv doesn't even recognize me. I'm a nobody.

Victor Tombs wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:02 pm
How many visitors to the booth were impressed with the line "This is not really Limit Theory but believe us the real thing will be awesome"?
That actually ended up being a pretty good approach. For one, people are used to it because there are tons of games at PAX that can't show everything off in a couple of minutes or aren't complete. Also, the demo itself was beautiful and engaging in its own right so people didn't seem have much trouble believing we were capable. Once people hear that you're running on a custom engine mostly written by one man they know you're not playing JV ball.

Even if Limit Theory were done I think some sort of sandboxed experience like this still would have been the right move. I'm not sure you can communicate the depth of LT through a controller in a few short minutes, but you have a reasonable shot at injecting it through their ears.

Also this video was taken very early in the show before I finished refining the pitch.

AdamByrd wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:12 am
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:06 pm
I'm not entirely sure that's Adam, by the way.
*sniff* Talv doesn't even recognize me. I'm a nobody.

Victor Tombs wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:02 pm
How many visitors to the booth were impressed with the line "This is not really Limit Theory but believe us the real thing will be awesome"?
That actually ended up being a pretty good approach. For one, people are used to it because there are tons of games at PAX that can't show everything off in a couple of minutes or aren't complete. Also, the demo itself was beautiful and engaging in its own right so people didn't seem have much trouble believing we were capable. Once people hear that you're running on a custom engine mostly written by one man they know you're not playing JV ball.

Even if Limit Theory were done I think some sort of sandboxed experience like this still would have been the right move. I'm not sure you can communicate the depth of LT through a controller in a few short minutes, but you have a reasonable shot at injecting it through their ears.

Also this video was taken very early in the show before I finished refining the pitch.
A follow up question related to the whole being impressed with a line.
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:42 am
He seems to be offline now, but the video is here, just after the 28 minute mark.
When you talked with this streamer. At 31:15, you say that the release date is definitely this year (followed by "as far as we got so far").

Does that mean that there is an official stance on release date? Because i dont think i have seen an official post here or on kickstarter about that (fairly important) detail?

Online Now