Return to “Announcements”

Limit Theory Development Summary: May & June 2017

>> FINALLY!! <<

I'm so sorry about the delay this time around folks; as Nathan has informed you guys, I've been completely deluged with my participation as a teacher for a local coding summer camp. I should have posted a heads-up before the thing started, but I didn't realize it would vacuum up all 9001% of my minutes :V

FYI: Please consider this update to also serve as the dev log for the time period in which I didn't write one. Writing one in retrospect at this point really wouldn't yield much more than you guys already know, and I anticipate a pretty big week now that we're back to full-steam-ahead, so I think it makes more sense to just write one on Friday and resume the usual schedule.

Very happy to be back in the fold...teaching was rewarding, but way too stressful. Also not as shiny. I miss the shinies :squirrel:

Off to the Lil'T I go! :wave:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: Limit Theory Development Summary: May & June 2017

Very nice!

I'm not really sure about the implications of what I'm seeing in those images, no point of reference... If we could possibly get some "before" to see the progress, that would be great!

*pats Wonderboy on the head for a job well done* :)
Adam needs a name... Wonderbyrd!
*pats Wonderbyrd on the head for a job well done* :D
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

For me it's the fact there are two other people in the office with Josh that is most reassuring. It's easy to get wrapped up in your own thoughts and worries when there's one of you, but with two other people to bounce problems off and keep you grounded, that won't be an issue. I work in a pretty large (~40 developers) team building some very complex software packages and it's not uncommon for people to paint themselves into a corner, being committed to an approach that is fundamentally flawed, but which they can't spot - until, at our daily stand up, someone goes "but why aren't you doing X?" Usually one face-palm later and they're moving on productively.

Oh my.. thanks Hyperion.. I didn't know what you were referring to...
The "FinallY" was the same colour as the thread title, and got lost and I only saw Josh's update here..

Thank you JoshMeister for the kickstarter update :)
(reading it now in earnest)

Now this is what I love to see, just lots of cute numbers, in a nice table.. excellent stuffs :D
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Triscopic wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:32 am
... it's not uncommon for [programmers] to paint themselves into a corner, being committed to an approach that is fundamentally flawed, but which they can't spot - until, at our daily stand up, someone goes "but why aren't you doing X?" Usually one face-palm later and they're moving on productively.
Yes, it's really quite remarkable with technical people how frequently the solution to someone else's problem is laughably obvious and easy to implement.

Online Now