Return to “Announcements”

Re: [ FORUM UPDATE ] : Feedback, Known Issues, Etc.

I liked the old forum theme.
Not that I dislike the new one. I just do not like it particularly. It is too spacey for my (personal) taste, and the clickable elements are not immediately recognizable.

Regardless of my personal preferences, I have difficulties in browsing from mobile.
For example, yesterday, in the Games sub forum, Kingdom Come Deliverance topic, I could not browse to any thread page but the first. If I tried to move to any page from 2nd to 10th a totally unrelated link would open (not even part of the ltheory.com domain).
Look, it is no big deal. I prefer to browse from PC anyway.

fox wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:17 am
I liked the old forum theme.
Not that I dislike the new one. I just do not like it particularly. It is too spacey for my (personal) taste, and the clickable elements are not immediately recognizable.
Interested in your feedback. Which clickable elements in particular? I may be able to tweak many of these.
Regardless of my personal preferences, I have difficulties in browsing from mobile.
For example, yesterday, in the Games sub forum, Kingdom Come Deliverance topic, I could not browse to any thread page but the first. If I tried to move to any page from 2nd to 10th a totally unrelated link would open (not even part of the ltheory.com domain).
Look, it is no big deal. I prefer to browse from PC anyway.
I consider the mobile issue a big deal. Unfortunately, it's not one that's easily fixed (or that I even know how to fix). I'm working on figuring it out, though.

edit:
I got it!!!

The mobile version of DevRavaio should now look much better! This means you'll have to be logged in, though, because the default version doesn't have my changes.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

You should include one of the standard fonts as a final fallback in each font-family style. I suggest sans-serif.

e.g.: font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif;

It would also be good if you weren't dependent on unicode glyphs for your icons -- most things are pretty mysterious when the font simply doesn't include them, and there isn't a (plainer) textual alternative. I appreciate that there'll be higher-priority issues right now, though.
Last edited by Employee 2-4601 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Employee 2-4601 wrote: You should include one of the standard fonts as a final fallback in each font-family style. I suggest sans-serif.

e.g.: font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif;
Added to DevRavaio. :thumbup: I'll see what I can do about the unicode icons too, though it may be a while before I get to that. Thanks for the input. :)

Other changes I've made lately (I'll keep this list updated):
- Added a "back" button above the page number list to thread pages
- Made various links green instead of white
- Hovering over threads/boards no longer changes the "have not read" icon white
- Added a little padding outside quotes to break up text better and make things less confusing
- Cut down on padding inside quotes to make things a little more compact
- Changed the size of some elements on the main page to make them less "fat"
- edited post action buttons slightly to give them subtle borders
- edited posting buttons slightly to make them stand out a little more/look nicer
- made the post date just a little bit bigger/easier to see/read
- made the post action buttons easier to see/read
- Properly centered icons in PM list
- Altered bounding frame for PM check marks to make them clickable in most (all?) situations
- Properly centered PM selected message check marks
- Made PM view slightly less "fat"
- Made control panel menu less fat
- Topics and boards should highlight appropriately
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: Edit my Profile, not so much

davidparadis wrote:Tried to edit my profile. It's not having it ;)

Apparently I have to enter my PC specs, and my youtube link was invalid: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrySGB ... dA96VCahJA

I'm betting the settings page hasn't been updated yet so it's in some sort of default mode?
All right, thanks! I'll look into it. In the meantime, I'm going to merge this with the main problem thread in Announcements.

Cody wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:50 am
It'd be handy if the useful stuff at top-right was below the header image.
That's possible, but I'll have to make some changes to the HTML gen code in several places. Not an easy change, but not an impossible one either. I'll get to it after everything is a little more stable (i.e. when I'm closer to the end of the update process). Less chance of things breaking that way.

Online Now