Return to “Announcements”

Re: [ FORUM UPDATE ] : Feedback, Known Issues, Etc.

Hmm. I just noticed something new.

I used to be able to assign a color to a forum member name when quoting their text. For example, I could make Josh's name red so that when I quoted him, it would stand out:

Code: Select all

[quote=[color=#FF0000]JoshParnell[/color]]Information[/quote]
But that seems not to work any more:
[color=#FF0000 wrote:JoshParnell[/color]]Information
:(

Apologies if this has already been reported.

Josh Parnell wrote:Technical stufff
[color=#800000]Josh[/color] wrote:Technical stufff
[u]Josh[/u] wrote:Technical stufff
[i]Josh[/i] wrote:Technical stufff
Hmm, I see. You were putting in the code wrong, but it seems phpbb removed the ability to do much besides place a link. I'll look into figuring out how to fix it, but no promises... this sounds like exactly the kind of thing I won't have any control over.

edit: It seems I was quite correct in that I don't have any control over it. I can't even offer replacement bbcode like I did for image urls. :( It simply isn't something I have the ability to fix.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up, but I'll just say it for emphasis:

When I click on mark all forums read I do not need a popup, telling me that all forums have been marked read. Instead, I'd like to see the icons on the forum representing the status 'nothin new, man!'. You know, like in the good old times.

... but otherwise I kinda like the new forum. :-)
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom

Is it just me, or is the Search feature broken?

I first noticed a problem when I tried to find something using Advanced Search -- it seems that entering anything in the text-to-search-for box returns "no results."

I then tried just clicking once on the little magnifying glass on the forum home page. A fairly unique search term returns results. But I tried entering "forum*" and it just sits and spins.

Is Advanced Search for keywords working for anyone else?

"Forum*" works for me (without quotation marks) but returns 10,347 search results - 690 pages of it. :shock: But yes, just "forum" returns no results because "the search word is too common". I'm not actually sure there's much I can do about that, either. I probably don't have much control over the forum's search functions. It isn't broken, it just doesn't accept most words because they're "too common". It also won't do "return only posts that contain all the words specified". I've wanted it to do that before, but it will return any post that has any of the words specified, no matter what I do.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Guys, I know what the "too common a word because you didn't use the * wildcard" result looks like.

But I figured out the problem: the two text entry fields, Search Text and User Name, are switched versus the old forum. This is the first time I used Advanced Search in the new forum; I wasn't reading the descriptive text closely enough and kept putting the search text I wanted in the username field. Of course it never returned any results.

My fault. Sorry for wasting your time on an erroneous bug report.

Online Now