Return to “Announcements”

Re: [ FORUM UPDATE ] : Feedback, Known Issues, Etc.

vector67 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:42 am
Just a random thing that I noticed. The contrast between a particular posts background and the background of the site is basically non-existent (at least on my monitor with my eyes). This makes it a little difficult to coherently read through a topic as I can't easily tell where a post ends and starts, obviously there are other cues, but those are harder to see than different colors. Maybe just add a border around posts or something, I can't remember what the old forums did.

Over all I really like the new look and feel though, it feels more modern.
Yes it's making my eyes bleed as well. I haven't worked on the styling for the post view yet (where you're reading the posts of a particular thread). Will definitely change some stuff there to make it easier on the eyes.

And I really don't know why spoilers are broken. Will have to check into it.

@Dino, your other text is still centered, so is it just a problem with images? Also, I changed the URL limit (to infinity), try again with the editing.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:47 am

@Dino, your other text is still centered, so is it just a problem with images? Also, I changed the URL limit (to infinity), try again with the editing.
Can edit now, center indeed doesn't work on the image. (Despite the image being in the center block).

Extra todo: quotes look not different from the surrounding post
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:52 am
Can edit now, center indeed doesn't work on the image. (Despite the image being in the center block).

Extra todo: quotes look not different from the surrounding post
Yeah ok, probably just borked the css a bit when I stripped out all of the lightgallery stuff from images (this forum style actually had lightgallery enabled by default on all images. Meaning every. single. image. would be clickable with a fancy zoom thing......it's just way over-the-top for forums). Thanks for the report.
Damocles wrote: Good thing now: the css adapts to mobile device screen resolutions.
Yes, it's 'responsive' and I've tested it on loads of weird aspect ratios & resolutions. Seems to hold up quite well. Still not a great mobile experience, but way better than the old one.

Also yes, quote styling is basically non-existent. Will get there.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

small QoL things that i noticed besides the stuff that dino already reported:

the page number control and "post reply" button have swapped places, its weird now compared to earlier :ghost:

i cant click the banner anymore to get back to the top page (did that often, was my primary way to leave a thread)

and of course all the theres-no-clear-delineation-between-posts and all-the-separation-lines-are-invisible stuff

i also cant do anything on mobile at the moment, regardless of what subforum i want to enter it sends me to the help page
(why cant i login blah)
i cant even login on mobile because when i click the login button it gives me the search bar.
current chrome version on android 6.0.1

vector67 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:42 am
Just a random thing that I noticed. The contrast between a particular posts background and the background of the site is basically non-existent (at least on my monitor with my eyes). This makes it a little difficult to coherently read through a topic as I can't easily tell where a post ends and starts, obviously there are other cues, but those are harder to see than different colors. Maybe just add a border around posts or something, I can't remember what the old forums did.
The contrast is actually almost the same as it was on the old version. I'm not sure how else to fix it, but I'm still working on looking into getting more styles running (if Josh feels up to it, at least!) Hopefully it'll be up to par soon!

I'm not seeing the issue with random names disappearing next to posts, strangely.

DigitalDuck: I've found the source of the problem and (hopefully) fixed it. In addition I've added fixes to make the icons bigger and easier to view/tell the colors of.

For the record: I can't input changes myself. phpBB does this weird thing where you need to connect to the database via console and input changes to a php css-generator instead of changing the css itself; otherwise it will periodically get overwritten. Josh is the only one that can do that, but I'm putting together a list of fixes for him to make/supplying him with updated stylesheets, to help speed the process along.

Next up: quotes and spoilers. I'm not sure I can fix the spoilers, but I'm going to do my best to get it figured out.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now