Return to “Announcements”

Re: Limit Theory @ PAX South!

Well it was a fun time at PAX South, also very exhausting :| ! Where to start...
Friday was an interesting day as it was my first time at any con so most of the time was spent exploring the place and seeing what was there. Among all the booths I happened across Josh and Limit Theory with a slideshow going showing off various screenshots of the game, he was still working on the demo! :o We talked for a few minutes before I disappeared into the sea of people and he retreated for sleep and coding. Despite what people on Irc wanted I was not going to drug him so he could sleep...

Saturday was a different story as he was off resting and finishing the demo, so not much to say there.

Then comes Sunday, I walk up to the booth and see Josh at the table with a controller out for people to grab and use! The demo itself was nothing more than an arena shooter as he had to remove much of the game to get something useful. I wouldn't call the demo Limit Theory, I would call it a mini game in the LT engine. While I and many other may have wanted more I will say that making a demo for a game that is as expansive and complex as what we know LT already is just from the old update videos is fairly difficult. I haven't used a controller in a long time, and I noticed something that made the demo much harder than it should be. He forgot the targeting reticle :shock: . And so five minutes later there was a reticle, he then started adding a bit of aim assist to help people use it. Not much later I caught him trying to make the aim assist perfect as he thought it was now too easy. In the end I convinced him that leaving a bit easier is a good idea as people would feel a bit better about it if they come away killing a lot of ships. :D

I have more to say on Limit Theory at PAX South however I am very tired after a 5 hour drive home the same day. So here are some pictures for now, and expect a few more words from myself and Josh in the near future. Enjoy!! :D
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image Image Image Image Image
The only limit is the one you set.

Hey, that's me trying not to look awkward in the first pic :P

It was really awesome getting to meet Josh, Sky, and some other forumites at PAX on Sunday. The demo was a pretty simple arena shooter as Sky said, where you controlled a little metal space worm and flew around trying to shoot other metal space worms of varying sizes. It was also setup so that when you pressed the Xbox home button, it would generate a new nebula (I must confess, this was my favorite feature :D ). Short video

Sebby McWester wrote:Hey, that's me trying not to look awkward in the first pic :P

It was really awesome getting to meet Josh, Sky, and some other forumites at PAX on Sunday. The demo was a pretty simple arena shooter as Sky said, where you controlled a little metal space worm and flew around trying to shoot other metal space worms of varying sizes. It was also setup so that when you pressed the Xbox home button, it would generate a new nebula (I must confess, this was my favorite feature :D ). Short video
that link was far too well hidden for me.

Online Now