Return to “Announcements”

Re: The Full Story -- Now Available on KS!

Hey, and awesome putting that on the Kickstarter page, the guys that only follow that have been going a bit bonkers recently with your radio silence! So that should pacify them a bit (we can hope right?) :)

Congrats on doing well with your recovery, small steps and stay focused on real life stuff over your imagination (but obviously ones imagination is a fun and interesting place to hang out in), the people around you etc.

Limit Theory is still my most exciting space game prospect (and i own Elite Dangerous, have bought into Star Citizen (at the base level) and will get No Man's Sky) and i really, really wish you all the best and lots of luck in getting it to a state you are happy with for a release, it doesn't need to be perfect (as nothing, especially computer games, ever is!) but with a good base you can build on it for years to come, and easily support yourself doing so, and many of us will be along for that ride :cool:

So focus on all that and don't let LT become another 'Cube World' (which really does seem to be abandoned sadly) :)

Thanks for all the positive vibes all. I'm so happy to finally have this update out :)
TGS wrote:I still think that Josh should just setup a "LT streaming" station and basically just have it run 24/7 of idle scenery and NPC following. :P No interface. Or content necessary. Just nice... LT goodness. Like an awesome screensaver we can all tune into. But that's just my crazy pipe dream lol.
Hey, it's my pipe dream too to have that kind of thing running on a monitor in my office 24/7 (right now I've just got a slideshow). So...who knows :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:Thanks for all the positive vibes all. I'm so happy to finally have this update out :)
TGS wrote:I still think that Josh should just setup a "LT streaming" station and basically just have it run 24/7 of idle scenery and NPC following. :P No interface. Or content necessary. Just nice... LT goodness. Like an awesome screensaver we can all tune into. But that's just my crazy pipe dream lol.
Hey, it's my pipe dream too to have that kind of thing running on a monitor in my office 24/7 (right now I've just got a slideshow). So...who knows :)
+100 to that! When LT is out, I'm going to put up my own screen with 24/7 LT goodness :angel:
old-fashioned :ghost:

Josh, thank you for sharing the Flicker album with us. Limit Theory is indeed a very beautiful game, full of opportunity and promise. It's true, Limit Theory doesn't need any more graphical tweaking. Just finish up the game-play features and user interfaces and you'll do just fine. :D

JoshParnell wrote:Thanks for all the positive vibes all. I'm so happy to finally have this update out :)
How long would it realistically take to set that up Josh? :V
An hour... two?
Think of the increased motivation from moving images? :V
Think of the increased community interaction, without you actually having to interact with us. :P
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

You know. That might be an interesting way to market LT. You know about "Twitch Play's Pokemon" Perhaps you could write a mod for your own game that has the "player" run as an AI. But twitch chat serves as its decision process. If most of the chat says "Mine epic ore #2 in system alpha centari" The AI character will do so. The goal would be to get this AI character as rich and powerful as possible before trolls eventually lead the character to its death.

It might actually work. Eventually Twitch beat Pokemon Red. Apparently Twitch plays Dark Souls managed to actually beat the first boss.

Hello all, I am a long time lurker (much older than my account.)

Josh, as someone interested in the subject, I have some "heroes of computer science" in my mind. Among them are Ada Lovelace, Donald Knuth, Paul Erdos, Ronald Graham, John Conway, Grace Hopper, John Carmack, and Tarn Adams. I want you to know that you are one of those heroes to me.

Best of luck with limit theory. The journey is what's important. Length vs. Position and all that.

Since you are still not awnsering on any messages I send you trough various mediums, I will repost what I once said:

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

Postby Spoot1 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:51 pm
It is good to know that you feel better and eager to go back to work some day.

As the days without updates passed so did my trust in you and this project. When I first saw LT I was highly inspiered and seduced by the beauty of the idea, so I put my pledge (77$ which is a lot of money for me ) trough kickstarter and after you reached your goal we both agreed on a contract which can be looked up in the kickstarter terms of use. As I respect your health concerns and your well being you have to respect me as the counterpart of the contract. This contract was highly disregarded ( https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use#section4 ) in not meeting the deadline (release is still in limbo) nor fullfilling your responsibilties towards me as a backer (communication,progress etc.). Therefore I would ask you very kind and with all due respect that I want to step back from the contract and would welcome it if you refund me (I can contact you on kickstarter to verify myself). I cannot beleive in nor support this project for the lack of the trust base I encountered when I put my plegde.

Sincerely Spoot

ThermalSpan wrote:I have some "heroes of computer science" in my mind. Among them are Ada Lovelace, Donald Knuth, Paul Erdos, Ronald Graham, John Conway, Grace Hopper, John Carmack, and Tarn Adams. I want you to know that you are one of those heroes to me.
I am sad that this list didn't include John von Neumann, who basically invented the modern understanding of computers and computer science.

Well. OK, not all that sad. But a little sad.

Online Now