The Full Story -- Now Available on KS!

Read and discuss the latest big updates in the development process.

Re: The Full Story -- Now Available on KS!

Postby Victor Tombs » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 pm

JoshParnell wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:Other than maybe John Carmack, I can't think of many coders I'd call rock stars.

If someone ever calls me 'rock star' / 'hacker' / 'code ninja' or anything of the sort to my face, I'll...

...smile, thank them, and increment my internal rage counter by the appropriate amount.

Now if they call me a monkey... love++ :monkey:

:shifty: Right...erm... so how do you really feel about "coding warrior", Josh. Truth now! :angel:
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member

Postby Vartul » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Rock star is such a funny term. Makes me imagine coders with long hair banging their heads against their keyboards. :mrgreen:
Now, coding warrior, on the other hand, brings up images of a shaolin trained, sword-holding Josh slicing through bugs. :lol:
Vartul
Captain

Postby Black--Snow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Code Monkey King?

King Code Monkey!
Black--Snow
Captain

Postby Victor Tombs » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:27 pm

Vartul wrote:Rock star is such a funny term. Makes me imagine coders with long hair banging their heads against their keyboards. :mrgreen:
Now, coding warrior, on the other hand, brings up images of a shaolin trained, sword-holding Josh slicing through bugs. :lol:

Well considering how many times I've called him the coding warrior over the years I'd be surprised if he hated it, Vartul.

One thing's for sure he's got no chance of me calling him a monkey. I'll let his coding chums scratch that itch for him. :mrgreen:
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member

Postby Daniel » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:01 am

Victor Tombs wrote:
JoshParnell wrote::|

Expectationers gonna be expectationers :ghost:

It's one of those times where "I'm either on to something big or have lost my mind," but at least this time I lost my mind in my free time, not on LT work hours! Win-win! Kind of! :crazy:

Danger, Will Robinson!

Warning! Warning!
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time." —Tom Cargill
Daniel
Lieutenant

Postby Talvieno » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:53 am

I'm going to lock this one too. No sense in leaving it open. Plus, it should stay bumped to the top to help any newcomers, as it's more recent.

Most recent news: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5031 (Limit Theory RSS Thread)
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Previous

Return to Announcements