Return to “Announcements”

Re: The Beginning of the Golden Days!

IronDuke wrote:I sense Idunno will arrive soon with his homemade explosives to aid me... :twisted:
:shifty: I've heard he's improved the formula, IronDuke. ;) :angel:

As to socks, I tend to buy a years supply in the sales. I've given up putting them on my Santa list. He always sends gaudy ones which tend to clash with my elegant and sophisticated jogging pants. :P

Hyperion wrote:I think we've all been there and can relate, Victor. ;)
I have a large drawer full of the offending articles, Hyperion. As they were given to me by well meaning and kindly folk I don't have the heart to just dispose of them. Every time I open the drawer I get mixed feelings, it's touching that they considered me worthy of a gift...but why did they choose such a hideous one. :(

I've heard that sometimes if you make a ceremony out of it, where you honor the object and announce your thanks to the giver, before you delicately and meticulously dispose of it, it can be much easier to overcome any guilt you have. :)

Make a miniature viking longship and meticulously place all the stuff you have really meant to get rid of but couldn't on the ship, and then say a few kind words about them, and light the whole thing on fire. Might be just crazy enough to work! :D
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Victor Tombs wrote:
IronDuke wrote:I sense Idunno will arrive soon with his homemade explosives to aid me... :twisted:
:shifty: I've heard he's improved the formula, IronDuke. ;) :angel:

As to socks, I tend to buy a years supply in the sales. I've given up putting them on my Santa list. He always sends gaudy ones which tend to clash with my elegant and sophisticated jogging pants. :P
who wears socks at home? :V

and when im mobile i have my all weather high leather boots, so noone sees my socks :squirrel:

Cornflakes_91 wrote: who wears socks at home? :V
Everyone knows the best way to keep warm is "cuddling" someone ;) , but baring that, layers of artificial fur.

I generally wear at least 1 layer of heavy clothing at home in the winter months, sometimes up to 3. it allows me to keep the heat down and save money.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer

Do I owe you an apology concerning your gender, Idunno?
Hyperion wrote:Everyone knows the best way to keep warm is "cuddling" someone ;) , but baring that, layers of artificial fur.
Unfortunately the "cuddling" option breaks all the established rules of the recluse, Hyperion, but I can't deny it's certainly an effective way of keeping warm. ;) :think: I've never owned any clothing which incorporated fur in its manufacture, not sure why. I've heard that some of the new material innovations in clothing are very effective at tackling the problem of heat loss. :angel:

Do you think we're approaching derailment here? *chuckle*

Besides, isn't a point in LT to be able to hop on and off the rails whenever you please, or did I see that video wrong? ;)

And just like that, back on the tracks
Imagination Fertilizer

Gunther Haldan wrote:Oh, I think we're long past that point Victor. :lol: :squirrel: :monkey:
We have to be, Gunther, if I start noticing. :lol:
Hyperion wrote:Besides, isn't a point in LT to be able to hop on and off the rails whenever you please, or did I see that video wrong? ;)

And just like that, back on the tracks
Hmm...I'm not convinced yet, Hyperion. :angel:

Online Now