Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

Treat it like any other job. Work your 8 hours during the day, then shut it down and do something else. Almost everyone else in the working world in the US does the same. Most of us wouldn't have 100's of hours logged into Skyrim if that wasn't the case. No one can place blame for clocking out at the end of the day. Some days are better than others, but you still have your place of respite or enjoyment to retreat to.

Play some games, play a few. Actually ENJOY them. None of this "Only at the end of the month devlog". Let yourself get lost in a game for pure enjoyment sake. I'm sure you got some on your shelf somewhere. ;)
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Proton wrote: But there's something i really would like to know:
1. As far as i know, the release was (planned) for 2015, right? What about it now? Is the release still (most probably) in 2015?
Cornflakes_91 wrote:"as soon as humanly possible"
Proton wrote: 2. Is there anything known about when josh is starting to write devlogs again or when there will be an new video update (approximately)?
Last time i talked to him about that he said that he wont ever start again writing daily devlogs, if something comes, it comes.
But dont expect any regular update schedule

Cornflakes_91 wrote:Last time i talked to him about that he said that he wont ever start again writing daily devlogs, if something comes, it comes.
But dont expect any regular update schedule
Really? I thought I saw a post contradicting that, but he may have retracted it. :ghost: :think:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

JoshParnell wrote:I really hope to resume a dev log format soon so that we can keep interaction more consistent without me necessarily having to engage in whatever crazy topic you guys are going off on :)

Again, this is all going to take time to come together, but it's coming. Naturally I will not attempt daily dev logs ever again :oops: :ghost:
You just have to view Josh's last posts to find this here. Cornflakes, please stop saying that updates won't be regular, Josh has not stated that one way or another.

BFett wrote:Cornflakes, please stop saying that updates won't be regular, Josh has not stated that one way or another.
Josh did say he wouldn't be writing any more daily devlogs. Beyond that, saying "don't expect" is perfectly fine, in my opinion - it leaves it open as to whether or not there will actually be regular updates.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Janbertus wrote:i`m a German fan and Writing this was Very difficult :problem:
hope you guys understand what i wanted to say :)
Perfectly. ;)
nickgreyden wrote:Health first, game second... then those other useless things like family and friends and movies come a distant third :ghost:
I can't believe that you said that movies come third. ¬¬

:mrgreen:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

He said he won't do DAILY dev logs ever again. He also said he'll "really hope to resume a dev log format soon so that we can keep interaction more consistent without me necessarily having to engage in whatever crazy topic you guys are going off on". So he in fact stated that there WILL be a dev log format AND that interaction will be "more consistent". Of course, what "consistent" means can be very subjective.

Hey Josh,

Good to read that you feel better now :thumbup: . I hope you stay healthy and manage to get the game done without getting into the burn out again.
It will be an awesome game I am really looking forward to. But for now, focus on yourself. Games are not everything! ;)

Best greetings and wishes from Germany my friend! :wave:

While I don't post here, I've lurked since the beginning. It isn't likely that Josh will read this, but I'd like to express a little solidarity. Without knowing the details of your experiences, I'm still pretty confident that I've been through something similar. It's why I'm in grad school now (and doing quite well!) when I'm 27 instead of years earlier.

Stay strong.

Online Now