The End of the Dark Days.

Read and discuss the latest big updates in the development process.

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

Postby holgerl » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:26 pm

novarest wrote:Guys, this is not how any of this works.

They joy of development is gone. The gravity has shifted, the resting point is no longer in the game. There is no resting point anymore, just repulsive forces away from here. Maybe someday a new resting/gravity point will form somewhere else for him (job/wife/kids). Or magically it will be this game again, though this can take years or may never happen.

I think the best thing we can to is lay the game to rest. Disarm it. Abandon all expectations. Find peace. This was all out of the control of anyone. In a way inevitable.

Sadly, I fear you are right. I am surprised this view is not discussed more.
holgerl
Ensign

Postby gruntilda651 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:55 pm

My guess is that Josh will soon return to school to complete his degree. That move would firmly place LT on a back burner though, in effect, LT is already on a back burner.

A return to school would help Josh restore balance and direction to his life. I think school's the right move for Josh and I think that's what he'll do. LT can wait.
gruntilda651
Recruit

Postby holgerl » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:39 am

gruntilda651 wrote:My guess is that Josh will soon return to school to complete his degree.

Yeah, that is probably a good idea. I assume the school will have regular lectures and assignements, and this will make work-life-sleep balanced.

It will also provide a needed and achievable goal that can't be delayed (exams)
holgerl
Ensign

Postby Flatfingers » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:31 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but my work-life-sleep pattern was anything but balanced when I was in college....
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral

Postby Jazehiah » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:50 pm

The college sleep balance exists. It's just different from the boring 9-5 routine most adults are used to.
Jazehiah
Commander

Location: East Coast United States of America, Planet Earth, Earth-Moon System, Solar System, Local Group...

Postby DigitalDuck » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:48 pm

I had a balanced sleep schedule while in University.

Granted, it involved sleeping through half the lectures, but it worked. :mrgreen:
DigitalDuck
Rear Admiral

Postby Jazehiah » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:55 am

See? Balanced!
Jazehiah
Commander

Location: East Coast United States of America, Planet Earth, Earth-Moon System, Solar System, Local Group...

Postby Scytale » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:57 am

Ahem guys, you're missing a key point:

Flatfingers wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but my work-life-sleep pattern was anything but balanced when I was in college....

Emphasis mine.

In university, the work-life-sleep balance is like the good-cheap-fast balance.
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby NobleBrutus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Good to hear you are doing a bit better Josh, keep it up.

My suggestion, though I acknowledge I know relatively little about this, is to just release the prototype publicly to all backers and followers alike and then to move on to do something else. Literally whatever else you like and forget about this chapter of your life for the time being.

Maybe someday you'll come back and work on this project again, who knows. But I doubt you'll get anywhere if you force yourself into it.

Best of luck, and maybe you can join us over on the Infinity Quest for Earth forums for another Wolf Game at some point!

NobleBrutus
NobleBrutus
Recruit

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:05 pm

NobleBrutus wrote:Maybe someday you'll come back and work on this project again, who knows.

from what i know is he working, he's just not writing updates.

maybe alternating work on LT with work on his mind, but LT is not hibernating, its just silent, lurking in the shadows, preparing....
Cornflakes_91
Admiral

Postby MyNameWuzTaken » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:48 am

Hey guys, haven't been around for a while and am way behind on the forums. My participation was always spotty at best anyways. Some one fill me in on Josh and the LT universe? Anything that we know that isn't in this forum thread?

From what I can tell, Josh is feeling much better (for which I'm very thankful. I don't know him personally but he has shared a little of his soul with us over the past couple of years.)

I also see that work on LT has resumed at a less fevered pace... Also a good thing.

Is that the gist of it?
MyNameWuzTaken
Commander

Postby DWMagus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:19 am

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:Hey guys, haven't been around for a while and am way behind on the forums. My participation was always spotty at best anyways. Some one fill me in on Josh and the LT universe? Anything that we know that isn't in this forum thread?

From what I can tell, Josh is feeling much better (for which I'm very thankful. I don't know him personally but he has shared a little of his soul with us over the past couple of years.)

I also see that work on LT has resumed at a less fevered pace... Also a good thing.

Is that the gist of it?

Yep, you nailed it!
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
DWMagus

Postby BFett » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:20 am

That's pretty much all of it. Josh has visited the forms and IRC a little bit and has made a few posts. Nothing new has really been shared. Josh said that he is working on LT at a healthy pace every day.

Other than that we just don't know what specific features he's working on or how many features he needs to complete till release. I'd guess that my list of features thread is still partially relevant. I'll update it once I know that a feature has been worked on.
BFett
Vice Admiral

Postby MyNameWuzTaken » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:53 am

Well then consider me content :)
MyNameWuzTaken
Commander

Postby JAV1L15 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:19 am

I've only really been active on your Youtube channel previously, but with all that's been happening I made an account here to wish you all the best, and I look forward to seeing how the rest of the development goes!

Venture Forth Fellow Josh!
JAV1L15
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements