Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

gruntilda651 wrote:My guess is that Josh will soon return to school to complete his degree. That move would firmly place LT on a back burner though, in effect, LT is already on a back burner.

A return to school would help Josh restore balance and direction to his life. I think school's the right move for Josh and I think that's what he'll do. LT can wait.
If this is, in fact, the direction that Josh is going to take - it certainly would be a beneficial course for him in the greater scheme of things - then the sooner he announces it the better.

Josh is absolutely right to prioritize his own health and welfare before more mundane considerations. That said, given the events of the last year and the implications of a partial development hiatus for two plus years, being upfront with his backers and supporters would be the right thing to do.
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

donkeykong5000 wrote:It would be a massive failure on Josh's part to quit now while he is so close.

If I were Josh, I would suck it up and deal with it. Finish the project, with the awareness now of what stress can do, and make a lot of money off of it.

Josh: you will regret quitting this later.
I can tell you that Josh is fully committed to finish Ltheory to it's full extent. Meaning that he will do what he was fully committed to do when doing the kickstarter but now with greater wisdom. And an extended overview of how he can push LT way beyond what was the primary plan.

Francois Jolin wrote:
donkeykong5000 wrote:It would be a massive failure on Josh's part to quit now while he is so close.

If I were Josh, I would suck it up and deal with it. Finish the project, with the awareness now of what stress can do, and make a lot of money off of it.

I can tell you that Josh is fully committed to finish Ltheory to it's full extent. Meaning that he will do what he was fully committed to do when doing the kickstarter but now with greater wisdom. And an extended overview of how he can push LT way beyond what was the primary plan.
Hey! Nice to hear from you Francois :thumbup: And thank you for the update. I hope that silences some of the critic voices :)
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

:wave:

Hi there Josh! My name is Josh as well. Josh Furr in fact. I am also from Louisiana. I go to ULL, and am a computer science major. I'm 25, been through 4 years in the army, and played video games since i was very young. I've watched as you have worked on this game for a few years now, and I am amazed at your talent and am convinced that, i'm not the Josh for the job....you have talents far beyond mine. You have the mind of insanity similar to me. The one the keeps you awake at night, wondering how gravity works, why blackholes exist, and how it is that scientists havent figured out lightning yet.

Oh how i wish i was intelligent as you; i've always been told i was smart, but yours far surpasses many here. I struggle with math, yet i wish eventually delve into quantum physics, something i've dreamed of accomplishing since i was twelve years old or so. I hope to one day build quantum computers to make video games that exceed our greatest imaginations, rather, and extension of our reality. Minds such as ours dig so deep into ideas, sometimes you have trouble climbing back out. Unfortunately i was not born into a particularly wealthy family, a family that supported or much less appreciated the power of computers and video games. I never had a mentor and really not much of a way to focus my dreams. You are bringing my dreams into focus. Your dream is my dream, and you have my support.

As most "louisianians," or "southernerns" are not considered to be the most intelligent in the universe, i am surprised to know there is another intelligence that is beyond mine here. Maybe its not my time yet? Maybe i'm not as smart as i thought. Maybe i just doubt my capabilities? If you are able to accomplish this game, i will buy it, and i will be inspired to go further because someone else was able to do it.

Welcome, Josh.

I'm another son of Louisiana, but you with your service (thank you!) and LT-Josh with his ability to turn ideas into working, elegant code have already both far exceeded in value anything I've done... and I've got several years on both of you. ;) So don't worry about that.

But there's really no point in comparisons. Just do the best you can at what you're good at, and the rest will take care of itself.

Actually, I hope the other Josh might take that advice, too....

Francois Jolin wrote:

With Francois' news, I think we can say that this really is the End of Dark Days, and the End of This Thread.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Online Now