Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

:) Hey great to hear your doing good Josh!

Now for my part, i have zero expectations or demands from you, just look after yourself and enjoy the experience of making your game, how you want and when you want. No pressure from me at all, infact negative pressure.

I'm completely happy i gave you money in the Kickstarter and i know a few things:

1. Games Dev is a hard and unpredictable thing.
2. Kickstarter is a gamble on number 1, not a clear transaction for an item/good.

I chose to make the gamble and for my small money i have got to see a very indepth behind the scenes glimpse of the process by a very creative and talented guy, and for that i thank you :) The fact you also love Star Wars and Morrowind, and decided to make 'that' space game to end all space games is just icing on the cake.

So go steady, no rush, no panic, and enjoy your LT as much as you can, for she is a special and rare thing. Be well, and may the Force be with you always :D

Hey Josh - good to know you are doing better. :)

First of all, depression (or any results of depressed behavior) is nothing to be ashamed of - it is just like catching a cold and can happen to anyone. Had you been in a car accident, no one would blame you for lack of progress. (I'm sure this has been said a million times already but I'll throw it on the pile).

I have gone through minor bouts of depression myself but the thing that keeps me going forward is that I know the lows are only temporary. If your personality is anything like mine (and maybe it is not), you probably bounce between highs and lows. There are any number of things that could be going on, but Hypomania is one possibility (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomania). I don't know that I am hypomanic, but I definitely exhibit many of the symptoms. It might sound odd, but I think for a game developer this is an ideal type of mental configuration (note I say "configuration" and not "disorder"). At the least, you need a somewhat obsessive personality.

I'm not trying to provide any sort of diagnosis (I'm sure you already got a real one) - just noting that it is ok to be a little different, so long as you are happy and functional most of the time.

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing more LT!

Mobius wrote:do we have a release date yet as this game was meant to be release over a year ago.?.
Assume it will never be released - that's the safest bet for your sanity (and Josh's). Stick around if you like the community. If something does eventually get released, it will be a nice bonus. If you want to complain about this state of affairs, I respect that; I'd appreciate it if you could do so in a separate thread.

Wow I really thought its over with LT BUT im glad that i found this Forum and your Text!
I have to say that i never had thought something like that would have happend ._.
I`m really sorry that some people might not understand,
but i think ist quiet important that more people go to this Forum entry and read what you have written
couse in my oppinion there are still a LOT of people who dont know what happend...
it would be very sad if they are unecessary mad at you or something like that :)
All in all you should know that the most people who understand are not mad at you if you do things a bit more slowly ^^
Im looking forward to have a lot fun playing LT in the Future :D

PS: I`m sorry if my english is too bad ^^".. i`m a German fan and Writing this was Very difficult :problem:
hope you guys understand what i wanted to say :)

One of my youtube subs had a "top 10 space combat video games" for me to watch this morning when I got home. It got me thinking that I wish LT was out and it might have made the list. On a whim, I decided to come by and check out the lonely forums expecting to still have no response. What I found, instead, was great.

Josh, I'm so so glad you are back. As a victim of acute depression I can totally feel your pain and know first hand how much mental health breaks suck donkey balls... and how it becomes impossible to post even a single line to those you love the most. So glad you got help as there is nothing better.

Also super stoked you are back working again, but be aware the dark monster will rear its ugly head from time to time. Know it. Understand it. See it coming. Prepare. Get help.... DO NOT WAIT because when you wait for it to get "bad enough" it is already too bad.

Anyway, great to see you back and hear you are doing so well. Health first, game second... then those other useless things like family and friends and movies come a distant third :ghost:
An eye for an eye and the world goes blind, but in the land of the blind the one eyed man is KING!

Just read that post from Josh, sad to hear but somehow it was clear, that this would come. In my opinion he worked too much and he don't took enough breaks (most probably). I've also had the thought, after two months+ of no communication, that he became ill, but anyway: Josh, get well!

But there's something i really would like to know:
1. As far as i know, the release was (planned) for 2015, right? What about it now? Is the release still (most probably) in 2015?
2. Is there anything known about when josh is starting to write devlogs again or when there will be an new video update (approximately)?

Online Now