Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

We are all just happy to have you back, please just take it easy to avoid any kind of relapse. I would rather be deprived of a hundred of the best games than see their devs slip into mental instability. If making LT is what you love then be sure to do it at a pace that keeps you loving it and not stressing, lets take Star Citizen for example. Its coming out late 2016 now compared to the early 2015 release it had once proposed, and we are ok with that because we know its going to be worth the wait. The same is true for LT, we know what the game looks like, we know how fun it looks, we know how hard it is to make a game, and we know how long it takes so please take your time. If you stress too much and you cant love LT anymore then neither can we, push those deadlines back and lets make sure we all make it to the game release. The longer we wait, the sweeter it will be on release.

Just started following this game. Seems like Josh is a very talented guy, hope he is doing well. Seems like most people don't mind him taking time to get better but just want to know whats going on (details aren't necessary just a quick "taking a little personal time" would be fine :))

betrunkenaffe wrote:Welcome back Josh, glad to hear you are doing better. Stay healthy and looking forward to the next progress update (whenever that is).

Reminder: You NEED to put out an update on Kickstarter.
Josh is waiting until he has a substantial plan until he posts there. He feels it's more "official" there and doesn't want to put out a simple "Hey, I'm still alive" update unless he has more to offer. It's not what I'd do if I was him, but it's still understandable. Part of it is probably anxiety too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Well, to be honest, Nathan, it doesn't feel much like the "End of the Dark Days". I may be wrong but the backers who don't visit here are still unaware of what Josh had to say.

Actually, it does seem to be turning into another silent time. A sort of aftershock of the main event. :( I'm not being heartless but you would be hard pushed to distinguish the difference without, at least, a word or two from the coding warrior. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:Well, to be honest, Nathan, it doesn't feel much like the "End of the Dark Days". I may be wrong but the backers who don't visit here are still unaware of what Josh had to say.
I don't know if you've ever suffered from mental illness, but I can say that as someone who has through much of my life. The "end" of the dark days was in reference to his dark days. Not ours. Which is to say that he has gotten himself out of the hole. But getting out of the hole is only half the battle. Getting yourself re-acclimated to the structure of your everyday life, and in Josh's case getting back to his feverish productive pace is another journey entirely.

As far as it being another silent time, that is certainly a possibility. It really comes as a matter of perception. I can also confirm that much of the issue here is that he is not in a place psychologically to make official statements. Kickstarter is the official place. He's pretty much avoiding that like the plague until he has something worthwhile to show. The forums are official as well, albeit to a lesser degree. For those who think at the very least that he should post here frequently I can only say this. Try to be patient. Anything he says here will be scrutinized and analyzed and it is 100% understandable that he wishes to avoid that. What he needs is down to earth interactions and people who aren't going to jump on him. That simply isn't possible on a forum given the persistence and nature of it.

I'd really hope that people try not to take the situation too personally given Josh has no intention of giving up on LT. Even if it takes a lot longer to eventually get out, when it does it will most likely blow our socks off!

I should add that it's good to read that Josh is keeping his green jackets informed concerning developments. I'm beginning to favour the idea of some sort of Community manager with a direct line to the creator of LT. I think it was Flat who originally raised the idea some time ago.

One thing is for certain, he's not talking to his EC. :angel: I can't say I blame him in my case but I do feel he owes the other members some crumbs of information.

As to your query concerning any mental health issues I may or may not have experienced, TGS, I wouldn't elaborate on such issues in a public forum. I'm not some heartless bastard who doesn't understand what Josh has been through but it was his choice to announce that he had returned to LT development and I see no reason why, after posting a very lengthy explanation of the dark days he had experienced, he can't offer a few lines of plain text giving some idea of what he is actually doing.

I make no apology for my support of the remark made by betrunkenaffe. He certainly should update the Kickstarter backers. :angel:

Online Now