Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

Victor Tombs wrote:So what you are saying is we are all wasting our time on the main forums because Josh prefers to do his nattering and the like on IRC?

Sheesh, that just about takes the biscuit. :x

I have to agree with you on this.

Nobody is forcing Josh to return to work on LT. However, I don't like this attitude of zero updates on the official forums at all. It stinks of the very attitude the led to the months of silence to start with.

I am not going to even try to pretend that I will not purchase LT because of this. However, This makes it extremely difficult to remain excited about the project.

Just glad I missed the kickstarter after what I have seen since I came here. Thankfully I do not run my business like this otherwise I'd have no income and fortunately I get a passive monthly income from providing my customers with an ongoing service as I'm old school that's the way I rock, guess it's different with the younger population these days.

Asbo wrote:Just glad I missed the kickstarter after what I have seen since I came here. Thankfully I do not run my business like this otherwise I'd have no income and fortunately I get a passive monthly income from providing my customers with an ongoing service as I'm old school that's the way I rock, guess it's different with the younger population these days.
so.. you have psychical problems and run at full power again the second you have recovered to the point where you can face someone about it?

there was an explicit statement of "im not up to spec again and take it slow" and you complain that josh doesnt want to run into the hordes that are waiting for him to pick on?

he's human after all, and i wouldnt want to run into masses of "you should do it the way im telling you right now!", so i guess its not much different for him

Asbo wrote:Just glad I missed the kickstarter after what I have seen since I came here. Thankfully I do not run my business like this otherwise I'd have no income and fortunately I get a passive monthly income from providing my customers with an ongoing service as I'm old school that's the way I rock, guess it's different with the younger population these days.

Passive income huh? So....I guess that means you charge them a monthly fee. Or does your service just cost so much that people need to take out loans at interest to pay their bills?
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Forgive me if discussion of this isn't allowed, but it's pretty clear from his description of the illness that it's bipolar disorder. I've got a close friend who struggles with that, and when he's on the depression side of it, getting him out of the house to do anything at all is next to impossible. Yeah, it'd be great if Josh communicated more regularly. But for those folks who are still mad about his communication schedule at this point, do some more reading on bipolar disorder. Whatever the current issue he's facing, complaining or getting agitated isn't going to do anything productive for the game you want.

To put it another way, I'll make an analogy. Asking "why can't Josh just post one sentence on Kickstarter? It's not hard!" is like asking "why can't a quadriplegic man just wiggle one toe, one time? It isn't that hard!" Obviously, a mental disability isn't the same as a physical one, but the mental block against doing anything can seem just as overwhelmingly impossible to the victim.
Spacecredentials: looks at stars sometimes, cheated at X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, killed a titan once.

I highly doubt it is Bipolar. And besides it is NOT our business to remotely speculate on his personal health.

The brass tax is he says he intends to continue working on Limit Theory. The commercial game he got money from crowdfunding to create. So until he says otherwise I continue to consider him fit to develop the game and continue to call out his unwillingness to update the community in an official manner.

In the chat log he indicated he is working on LT stuff. So the game is obviously back in development (It is not a matter of full time vs part time dev) The problem is he found it fitting to tell IRC that. But decided the "wave" should not include the forums or the Kickstarter page.

This community is not going to properly rebuild itself if Josh continues to avoid it.

AbhChallenger wrote:I highly doubt it is Bipolar. And besides it is NOT our business to remotely speculate on his personal health.

The brass tax is he says he intends to continue working on Limit Theory. The commercial game he got money from crowdfunding to create. So until he says otherwise I continue to consider him fit to develop the game and continue to call out his unwillingness to update the community in an official manner.

In the chat log he indicated he is working on LT stuff. So the game is obviously back in development (It is not a matter of full time vs part time dev) The problem is he found it fitting to tell IRC that. But decided the "wave" should not include the forums or the Kickstarter page.

This community is not going to properly rebuild itself if Josh continues to avoid it.

Your compassion is only surpassed by your egocentrism. So how did that voice demo reel work out for ya? Yeah, about that, I suggest you first get some actual talent, then maybe work on a demo reel. Oh and one other thing, I am REALLY REALLY glad you weren't the narrator for the star trek beginning credits, don't call us, we'll call you.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

AbhChallenger wrote:I highly doubt it is Bipolar. And besides it is NOT our business to remotely speculate on his personal health.

I get your sentiment, but "working on LT" and "giving public updates about LT" are two different things with two different mental barriers - it's perfectly possible he feels ready for the first but not the second (in fact, he says exactly that in the first post in this topic :roll: ).
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

crazyeye2351 wrote:What is IRC? I'm new to the fourns stuff. This is the first game I've ever followed.

I'm glad josh is ok. Lol hope he takes it easy and doesn't over do it. At the end of the day it is just a game, and not worth health risks

Those of us who still remember the dark days of 56k dial up used this a fair bit I myself used it's file sharing rudimentary protocol at that time you needed a bit of DOS know how,then later MIRC made it more intuitive and it was amazing how many boards/forums on IRC/MIRC shared emulaton ISO'S especially for educational purposes only. ;)

Obviously it's progressed since then and there is a shedload of clients and direct IRC sites to chose from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compariso ... at_clients

http://widget01.mibbit.com/?settings=c5 ... imittheory (Here is one for LT)

Forgive me if discussion of this isn't allowed, but it's pretty clear from his description of the illness that it's bipolar disorder. I've got a close friend who struggles with that, and when he's on the depression side of it, getting him out of the house to do anything at all is next to impossible. Yeah, it'd be great if Josh communicated more regularly. But for those folks who are still mad about his communication schedule at this point, do some more reading on bipolar disorder. Whatever the current issue he's facing, complaining or getting agitated isn't going to do anything productive for the game you want.

To put it another way, I'll make an analogy. Asking "why can't Josh just post one sentence on Kickstarter? It's not hard!" is like asking "why can't a quadriplegic man just wiggle one toe, one time? It isn't that hard!" Obviously, a mental disability isn't the same as a physical one, but the mental block against doing anything can seem just as overwhelmingly impossible to the victim
I think your guess is correct, fattop. As such, progress on LT will be sporadic, with periods of silence. The best course is for Josh to first focus on getting better.

Please stop speculating! Josh will tell us what he wants to tell us, but it's not our place to medically diagnose him. Josh provided this community with 3 years of daily updates. Over those 3 years he only took breaks from coding on Christmas, on one three day vacation in 2013, and on a two week vacation in 2014. Through this whole process Josh has appeared very positive with a can do attitude.

So please, lets stop the speculation here and now.
Last edited by BFett on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

BFett wrote:Please stop speculating! Josh will tell us what he wants to tell us, but it's not our place to medically diagnose him. Josh provided this community with 3 years of daily updates. Over those 3 years he only took breaks from coding on Christmas, on one three day vacation in 2013, and on a two week vacation in 2014. Through this whole process Josh has appeared very positive with a can do attitude.

So please, lets stop the speculation here and now.
Obviously I'm not a doctor and I'm not medically diagnosing him, I'm speculating, which I think you picked up. Why shouldn't we speculate on this? Having a better grasp on the issues he's facing might help some people relax a bit about the update schedule. Everything you said after "Please stop speculating" seems at best tangentially-related, not really reasons to stop speculating.
Spacecredentials: looks at stars sometimes, cheated at X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, killed a titan once.

Online Now