Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

I'm glad to see that Josh has returned and gotten some help for his struggles. I have dealt with some problems like this before in my career. Sometimes it takes a while to work through things. I have read this forum for a long time, but wanted to make a account so I could voice my gladness over Josh's return. :clap: :clap: :thumbup: AND I look forward to playing LT one day. I missed the KickStarter, but that's ok. I can wait til it's ready for the masses. (^_^)

Dinosawer wrote:
Scytale wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
I thought you left for good? :P

Welcome back to you too!
Haha, I'd figured I'd left for good for as long as Josh was gone... which I guess isn't leaving for good.

Truth be told, my beef with this forum improved pretty much immediately after I left, and it stayed good, so I was essentially just waiting for Josh.
This day keeps getting better, welcome back too! ;)
Yes! That's what I said in a PM to him. :D Such a good day today!
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Welcome back, Josh!

Word of advice: Take a red pen to the features list of the beta and scratch out basically all the optional cool things you thought you could do, even most of the lower hanging fruit. Patch the necessary stuff up and go to beta, of course all in the leisurely pace your doctors and you would agree with.

Modders will realize at least some of the low-hanging fruit for you anyways, and during the beta you can plan your time more easily by just doing some of the feasible ones from the often requested features & bug fixes.

Image Welcome back, Josh! Great to see you coming back here, although I was dismayed to see your reason for leaving :( Get well soon, we'll still be waiting however long it takes!
I will admit I was somewhat miffed at the long disappearance but seeing the reason for it I really don't think there's anything to be ashamed of. In any case, it's great to have you back!
0/

Thanks you all again for the kind words and for the advice. It's so good to be here again :D

I'm really looking forward to some coding tonight without this looming over me! :squirrel:

But first! Got a whole lot of catching up to do on the forums :geek:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: Josh Was Online Today!

Brian Sipler wrote:Hi everybody, I don't know if you know this, but I checked Josh Parnell's profile a few minutes ago, and it says he was online today at 6:01 AM.
And again today! :D
DWMagus wrote:I've already moved some to our mod area. That way if Josh wishes to visit them he can, but it won't clutter up the board. There wasn't really anything else prominent on the first page needing tending.

(if you notice, I also took down the global sticky)
Thanks very much for the cleanup, it's going to be hard enough to catch up on all the non-criticism things :shock: (I hear we now have an epic forum game in progress!?!?)

Talvieno wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:But first! Got a whole lot of catching up to do on the forums :geek:
It is dangerous to go alone - take this!

:ghost:
I see I will need to do some deep investigating into this new 'fro' epidemic around here :think:

And here I thought trains were enough to satisfy you guys :roll: :lol:

My avatar planet has a 'fro too. :D

To save you a search, here's the thread it started in, but as a summary - Charley Deallus put an afro on his avatar, and it sort of caught on. :P So now everybody has an afro. And it is glorious. :squirrel:
Last edited by Talvieno on Sun May 31, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now