Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End of the Dark Days.

Yuhu, Welcome back, Josh! 8-)

And yeah, i know what u are talking about, ive been through similar issues in the past. Not that strong, but i know that. During this time you cannot even think about all of this.
To get out, i had to make a strict daily schedule of work, free and rest times. That helped me a lot back then.

Take it easy, your coding tunnel will come back soon enough by itself. :D

Josh,

I've followed your work on LT for some time now with a lot of admiration for your tenacity and talent. I am very pleased
you're back and starting to feel like your old self. God bless, and I am looking forward great new things in LT!
"Music is enough for a whole lifetime--but a lifetime is not enough for music."--Sergei Rachmaninoff
Re: The End of the Dark Days

JoshParnell wrote:Wow, feels so nice to finally share it all. Been working on that for weeks :silent:

Hope you guys don't think I'm too crazy now :ghost:
It is sooo good to finally "see" you again, Josh! I'm saddened by you having to go through this, but then so relieved that you are on the mend and having a healthy plan going forward. Good to have you back! :wave:
old-fashioned :ghost:

Hi Josh, what you have created so far is ** amazing ** and I'm glad you are OK.. I really admire your return and can't underestimate the effort needed to do that. I hope you take as long as is needed to make Limit Theory even more amazing and don't see artificial deadlines. Here's to you enjoying life more and having lots of fun coming up with new ideas and creating!

First, when I saw that it was a new topic started by Josh, I tried to find out if that was actually a new Josh's topic, or some old topic I never heard of before resurrected.

Second, when I found that it was actually a new topic from Josh, announcing his return to the forum, I thought that it was my birthday. :D

Note: Actually, usually no one give me anything on my birthday, so it was only an imaginary comparison. :mrgreen:

Third, I got really sad reading why you were absent for so long. (It wasn't actually so long, but when someone go through a difficult situation like yours, just another day are already too many days.) However, everything makes more sense now. No need to apologize, even if I know you will never allow yourself to not do exactly that. You've always been too worried about not letting your people down, which is appreciated. Considering the circumstances, your health has to come first and then everything else.

Welcome back, my friend, and go as slowly as you need it to go. Most of us will remain here during the full process. :wave:
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Welcome back Mr. Parnell, this is a nice surprise from the fun times and depressing sorrows of ARML (I'm sure you have felt that before :P ), I'm sure that it has been said many times in this thread, but we're here for you man, if you need a break, then take it.
(Also wth Josh, I was in TN once for a competition, that guy was not me :evil:)

Keep on keeping on you glorious bastard,
Sly
IVE BEEN OUT OF MY MIND A LONG TIME

Talvieno wrote:
Seryth Nortra wrote:
sproginator wrote:You still should've posted that you were having problems. Maybe we could've helped? :/
Josh already knows what he should and should not have done; let it be. Don't just complain, it doesn't add anything or help anyone.
I think it was well-meant.
Fair enough. That was my third draft; the others were too harsh, and would've begun a flame war. So, naturally, I just went with the bottom, somewhat more polite, line. :squirrel:
Destruction is never precise, Creation is a thought, Time is an illusion, and Chaos and Order are one and the same.

Welcome back!

This is what I feared (even worse, I just thought of burn-out) and I am so happy that you recognized it and got treated and are going better.
Now please remember as take home lesson for the rest of your life:

Do not ever let your work dominate your life! You work for living, you don't live for working!

Keep a healthy balance!

My best wishes for your full recovery and please do not forget: the trip is the destination, just these years of updates and hanging around are 358.53% worth at least my kickstarter pennies!

(Best news of the day!!!!)

CSE wrote:Welcome back!

This is what I feared (even worse, I just thought of burn-out) and I am so happy that you recognized it and got treated and are going better.
Now please remember as take home lesson for the rest of your life:

Do not ever let your work dominate your life! You work for living, you don't live for working!

Keep a healthy balance!

My best wishes for your full recovery and please do not forget: the trip is the destination, just these years of updates and hanging around are 358.53% worth at least my kickstarter pennies!

(Best news of the day!!!!)
Hear, hear!
Destruction is never precise, Creation is a thought, Time is an illusion, and Chaos and Order are one and the same.

Online Now