Return to “Announcements”

Re: The Road to the Beta Series!

I will throw in a pinch of salt.

Cargo management looks poor. It's just a list. I expect more attractive icons (to at least be able to identify objects at glance) and more visual feedback when moving cargo around. "Depiction of the object" offers a lot of potential in this regard (as well as for hardpoints, etc.) and is my favorite part of this update.

Safe-r wrote: Cargo management looks poor. It's just a list. I expect more attractive icons (to at least be able to identify objects at glance) and more visual feedback when moving cargo around.
However, is it good enough for a beta release?

Though I agree, having slightly more detail on that screen would be nice, this is called "Road to Beta" for very good reason. ;)
Last edited by Zanteogo on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Signature

looked at it more closely.

the thing with the dimensions in kilometres instead of metres is my smallest issue with dimensions and units :crazy:

energy production in joule!! m(

please! if you use SI units, use the proper ones

watt!!

storage can be in joule, but production PLEASE in watts!

another thing i noted:
the border between the straight and curved part in the rounded item highlight is not closed, its discontinous.

Thanks for the latest update, Josh. Very nice to see more of the UI, and some of the hints of future updates are very welcome. Looks like progress!

I'm still processing the details of RTB #2, but one quick note: in both the squared and rounded lists, I'd really like for the text inside each menu item to fill the available space vertically. It's currently hard to read.

Alternately, keep the font the same absolute size, but wrap in it smaller menu items to show more items on-screen at one time.

What was showed in RTB #2 feels like some useful screen real estate is being wasted in menu item lists.

Optimal, of course, would be if the size of menu items and the text inside them could be enlarged/reduced by the player, with the number of items displayed on-screen updating automatically. I like optimality as much as anyone. ;) But if the UI for changing the size/number of menu items is not going to change, then I'd really, really like larger text in them. My eyes will thank you.

More to come.

Online Now