Return to “Announcements”

Re: The Road to the Beta Series!

Zanteogo wrote:
Safe-r wrote: Cargo management looks poor. It's just a list. I expect more attractive icons (to at least be able to identify objects at glance) and more visual feedback when moving cargo around.
However, is it good enough for a beta release?

Though I agree, having slightly more detail on that screen would be nice, this is called "Road to Beta" for very good reason. ;)
I didn't speak in context of a beta release. I just expressed my opinion that cargo management could use polish before the release happens. I certainly hope to see more work on this as many of us will be stuck with these panels for a long time and having a terribly bland cargo management would be horrible for people who would start their career as haulers. Clean, visually attractive UI is very important. Space Rangers 2 had "a list" but the way they presented it the final outcome was very good (click). I also hope for improvements on other parts of the UI, but I expressed my concern for cargo management simply because it got the short end of the stick in this update.

Dinosawer wrote:...
Thanks for pointing out/highlighting that post. I hadn't actually seen it. Interesting to read. Though I never implied that the UI was all done, or anything of the sort. My concern is just "how much" work has been done on UI, and how many iterations have been done on it. And quite honestly if most of the game is in fact done and most of what is left is hooking it all up into the UI then beta might hopefully not be as far off as we think. I think part of the problem might be that Josh isn't as concise with the completion of various aspects and with the overall completion of the game in fact. A fact that seems to be slightly improving with the new RTB format.

Just a quick point :)

Could we have the Road to beta posts as separate posts? I nearly missed part 2, and not sure how many people will have patience to click back through 6 pages to find the link!?

If there is a separate link somewhere already please ignore me, but in terms of keeping up with the new update process, a separate specific thread about each would help spread the word easier?

Zak Gordon wrote:Just a quick point :)

Could we have the Road to beta posts as separate posts? I nearly missed part 2, and not sure how many people will have patience to click back through 6 pages to find the link!?

If there is a separate link somewhere already please ignore me, but in terms of keeping up with the new update process, a separate specific thread about each would help spread the word easier?
The link is also in the first post of the thread, but I agree a separate thread would be much better.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Zanteogo wrote:[
JoshParnell wrote: Ok ok listen, just one more day and then I swear I'll write a bigger log.
Still waiting.... ;)
:lol: Fail :ghost:

I've worked on said devlog a few times this week :) For better or worse, real work keeps occupying 110% of my time ;) But it'll come later than sooner (yes, I should really start saying that :oops:).
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

TheNalex wrote:... or just post a final message in the devlog thread of the forum redirecting to the kickstarter page :roll:
Yes.

It doesn't have be to complex. Just a quick explanation to why there has been no dev logs for almost a month, and like TheNalex said, a link to the kickstarter page.

No offense Josh, but I think you really should make a "final" dev log sooner than later.

There are people who only check the dev logs on a semi-regular basis. (and check nothing else) Soon we are going to start seeing "is limit theory abandoned?" pop up around the net.

I know doing quick 5 minute "stuff" is not in your nature, but if RTB is taking a massive amount of your time (which is great! :) ), then the long planned out dev log might not be needed here.

Anyways, just my opinion.
Last edited by Zanteogo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Signature
Re: Units of Measurement (Split from R2tB)

I am overjoyed with the new direction you have taken. This new update style in particular looks like something you can whip out in very little time compared to the time spent away from game development I perceived being associated with the video updates, especially recent ones.

:thumbup:

edit: oops I guess this wasn't the best thread to post this in .. Oh well :oops:

Well now I'm late aren't I? No way am I reading 15+ pages of comments. :P

My thoughts about Week 2 of RTB: I really like... well, EVERYTHING Josh is doing! The interface is really coming along. My vote is for the flowing smooth curves. Hard and angular has been overused in UIs imho, I believe it's time for a change. More than that, the soft blue lighting with the curves just feels right. I don't know how else to describe it but it feels... intuitive, soothing, it makes the UI like one fluid and I like that. :)
"I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people." -Issac Newton
Awesome Music: BlackMill Rameses B MitiS

Online Now