The Forever-Lost Development Update of August 2014 :/

Read and discuss the latest big updates in the development process.

Re: The Forever-Lost Development Update of August 2014 :/

Postby ShadowTiger » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:19 pm

They say that Hunger is the greatest sauce. I like how it's one of the cheapest sauces you can buy at Walmart, despite its general lack of primary ingredients. ... and it STILL has 20 mg of salt and some High Fructose corn syrup. Damn it.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC
ShadowTiger
Lieutenant Commander

Postby DWMagus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
DWMagus

Postby Katawa » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:57 pm

I don't understand.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed
Katawa
Rear Admiral

Postby TGS » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Can we hire a mole-rat to stare (Yes I'm aware that they are all but blind) at Josh all day? You know... for motivation. I think it would be appropriate for Josh to have such a mascot near by. To remind him what happens when sometimes things just don't go your way... it comes out looking like a giant penis monster.
TGS
Captain

Postby FormalMoss » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Dear Josh,

Talvieno wrote:You're all right, Josh. :P Keep up the good work, and for god's sake, quit pushing yourself so hard. :P Don't beat yourself up over it. We're fine, everything's fine. We're a little disappointed, but not in you - just that we have to wait a while longer. But that's not your fault - you've been doing everything you can to fix it. Just give us an awesome month like always. :) Keep those devlogs coming like you always do, and we'll be satisfied. We're still here, and we're still behind you. We got your back.

^

:clap: :clap: :clap: :squirrel:

IRC discussions about Josh's health wrote:[17:33:23] <+poet1960> my point is, that josh pushes himself pretty hard, thats fine as long as he doesnt over do it, hes young so can get away with more, but still
[17:33:46] <+Talv> Poet, very good point. :\ He's just pushing himself way too hard.
[17:33:53] <+Talv> Not good for anyone of any age.
[17:34:11] <+Talv> I can't imagine what he's probably putting himself through to try to get the update delivered when he promises.
[17:34:19] <+poet1960> true, even if hes having fun doing it, long bouts of lack of sleep etc isnt really good for anyone
[17:34:33] <+diegetisor> youhou
[17:34:35] <+Talv> It's more than a bit worrying.
[17:34:41] <+Talv> Heyaa, diegetisor.
[17:35:02] <+Vartul> hey diegetisor, welcome to the que
[17:35:14] <+diegetisor> You're worrying about Josh's absence?
[17:35:19] <+poet1960> no
[17:35:24] <+Talv> I don't know why, but everytime I see diegetisor in IRC I think of a dog. :\ sorry if that's weird... and it's definitely random.
[17:35:24] <+poet1960> lack of sleep etc
[17:35:25] <+Vartul> nope
[17:35:38] <+diegetisor> A dog?
[17:35:44] <+Talv> We're worrying about how hard Josh is pushing himself.
[17:35:45] <+insta> diegesdog?
[17:35:48] <+Talv> And yeah. :\ lol
[17:35:49] <+poet1960> i want the game as bad as anyone but would hate to get it at the expense of his health
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss
Captain

Postby Vartul » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm happy that you decided this Josh. It shows that you have matured as a developer and truly give importance to development over show( Though I'm pretty sure the showman in you will be back with a bang next month :mrgreen: ). Keep coding, stay cool, and don't let the bugs get you. :)

P.S.- Guess who's singing in September :twisted:
Last edited by Vartul on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vartul
Captain

Postby CommanderDJ » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Whilst I am of course sad after the many delays, I understand why it must be done. Carry on, coding warrior!
CommanderDJ
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Etsu » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:14 pm

I never thought there would be a video update this month, I didn't even worry about it. :mrgreen:

It's all good and fine. Remember that you are surrounded by usually particularly friendly and mature people in this forums. :D :D :D
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima
Etsu
Rear Admiral

Postby ramjet » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Well, it's good to know he's human, at least...
ramjet
Lieutenant

Postby Talvieno » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Ramjet, I almost welcomed you to the forums, but you've been here longer than I have. :P Welcome anyway, though. Also, Lmao. Yeah, it does seem like he's superhuman a lot of the time.

EDIT: TGS, you're right! I don't dare ever post again... Dear Josh, man... what am I going to do? I'm going to have to participate in conversations by editing my posts now.
Last edited by Talvieno on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby TGS » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Talvieno wrote:Ramjet, I almost welcomed you to the forums, but you've been here longer than I have. :P Welcome anyway, though. Also, Lmao. Yeah, it does seem like he's superhuman a lot of the time.

Cough cough Image Talvieno has hit the magic number of posts.
TGS
Captain

Postby ramjet » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Talvieno wrote:Ramjet, I almost welcomed you to the forums, but you've been here longer than I have. :P Welcome anyway, though. Also, Lmao. Yeah, it does seem like he's superhuman a lot of the time.

Thanks... :)

Yeah, I've been lurking for a while... just trying to learn...

and, being amazed at how well behaved everyone here is... Talk about a customer base to die for...
ramjet
Lieutenant

Postby Kazmirzak » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi Josh,

A good decision! Only... if I were you I would have posted a screenshot instead; this all would not torment you so ;-)

The only question remaining is, why did you at all plan an update video right after holidays? No one would have expected a video, if you had not announced it ;-)

cheers, good luck, and have fun content creating!
Kazmirzak
Recruit

Postby Idunno » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:27 pm

TGS wrote:

Cough cough Image Talvieno has hit the magic number of posts.

Talvieno is LEET.[/captain obvious]

:ghost:
The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!
Idunno
Vice Admiral

Postby DWMagus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Well, if Tal won't do it, I will.

Belated welcome to the forums Ramjet! :wave:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
DWMagus

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements