Return to “Announcements”

Re: The Great Vacation of August 2014!

Flatfingers wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:yodas idea about balance: "we rule the galaxy and the others shall die"

just like the USofA :P
Pfft. I should smack you. Ingrate.

Instead, I will just mention this bumper sticker I saw once:

"Be Nice To Us Or We Will Bring Democracy To You"

Except America was never designed to be a democracy. Too many people have forgotten that we are a constitutional republic with democratic elements. I sure wish our leaders would actually obey and follow their oaths to the constitution.

EDIT

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”

― Benjamin Franklin
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Poet1960 wrote: “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”

― Benjamin Franklin
Democracy is more like a chicken, an ourangatan, a gazelle, a wasp, a starfish, and an otter voting on what to have for lunch.They don't really care what the rest get, so long as they get what they like. Liberty is seeing the moon in the water while the sun is overhead.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Katawa wrote:Democracy is like a flower, an asp, and three nondescript fingers, voting on whose turn it is to bake cookies.
Liberty is the mouse shadow in the second moon.
:think: :o Well played Mr. Ginsberg.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer

Slymodi wrote:
Katawa wrote:Democracy is like a flower, an asp, and three nondescript fingers, voting on whose turn it is to bake cookies.
Liberty is the mouse shadow in the second moon.
except the cookies never get baked

~Sly
Thats not the point. That is a burr of the round.
Imagination Fertilizer

Online Now