Return to “Announcements”

Re: The Great Vacation of August 2014!

Have fun, Josh!

Hope you've scheduled some time to relax by a pool/roaring fire (weather dependent) and sip alcoholic beverages! :wave:
JoshParnell wrote:
  • I know I don't need to say this, but I always do feel compelled to remind everyone that personal expenses are never mixed with backer funding. Your money is paying for the development of LT, not for my vacation (I've got my own money for that :) ).
Honestly, as you are (essentially) the sole developer, and considering the hours you put in, I'm surprised you don't draw some kind of wage or salary from the kickstarter funding, even if its just a small stipend to defray living expenses. Ugh, anyway - enough money talk - go get your vacation on!
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Just_Ice_au wrote:Have fun, Josh!

Hope you've scheduled some time to relax by a pool/roaring fire (weather dependent) and sip alcoholic beverages! :wave:
JoshParnell wrote:
  • I know I don't need to say this, but I always do feel compelled to remind everyone that personal expenses are never mixed with backer funding. Your money is paying for the development of LT, not for my vacation (I've got my own money for that :) ).
Honestly, as you are (essentially) the sole developer, and considering the hours you put in, I'm surprised you don't draw some kind of wage or salary from the kickstarter funding, even if its just a small stipend to defray living expenses. Ugh, anyway - enough money talk - go get your vacation on!
I thought that was understood as the whole point of the KS money. he spends it on ramen and rent and economics textbooks :lol:
I can see though that a plane ticket and umbrella drinks out of a coconut on the Beaches of the Bahamas or yaks milk tea in the highlands of Tibet don't really qualify as LT development, even if it is part of a mental reboot to be better at development when he gets back.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:

JoshParnell wrote:
I thought that was understood as the whole point of the KS money. he spends it on ramen and rent and economics textbooks :lol:
I can see though that a plane ticket and umbrella drinks out of a coconut on the Beaches of the Bahamas or yaks milk tea in the highlands of Tibet don't really qualify as LT development, even if it is part of a mental reboot to be better at development when he gets back.
Sure, but the point of getting paid is, you're then allowed to spend the money on whatever you want. Capitalism in action
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Just_Ice_au wrote:
Hyperion wrote:

Sure, but the point of getting paid is, you're then allowed to spend the money on whatever you want. Capitalism in action
Exactly. I mean, what's Josh gonna do with the money he get's when LT is out and selling, give it away? :lol:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now