Return to “Announcements”

The Great Vacation of August 2014!

TL;DR ~ I'll be away from the forums, code editor, white boards, and all things LT-related from August 12 to August 25 on what promises to be an awesome, mentally-rejuvenating vacation :D

---

Finally I am here to present you with (some of) the details of...

:squirrel: The Great Limit Theory Vacation of August 2014! :squirrel:

Why
  • Quite some time ago I made an executive decision to book a vacation for August 2014. That marks the two-year anniversary of not taking a break from working on Limit Theory (well, technically it's July, but August 2012 is when work started to really heat up). I decided that, after two years of the whole all-day-everyday thing, I would need to do a hard-reset on my brain, regardless of whether the game had been released or not.

Well, August has finally rolled around, and I gotta say - it is indeed time for a mental reset. So here we go! :D
What
  • A full two weeks of relaxation, letting my mind wander freely through any territory (that isn't LT (well...I'll try, at least)), eating, watching movies, and generally just exhaling the tension of two years of work! No coding, gaming, or any other activities that are part of my normal geek life (other than a select few such as showering and using the bathroom :roll: ).
When
  • August 12 through August 25! I kept meaning to post this earlier, but just couldn't find the time. So yes, this means that I leave tomorrow :shock: !! Woohoooo!!!
Where
  • Secret 8-) Suffice it to say it'll be a seriously foreign land that will force the creative side of my brain into overdrive. There should also be all manner of strange food and activities, the likes of which I've never experienced.
Dev Logs / Forum Presence / Work While Away?
  • None of the above :) I'll be forcing myself to completely wash away stress for the duration of the trip. I think it'll have a profound impact on my mental health and clarity. I'm expecting to come back refreshed, renewed, and ready to sprint harder than ever before towards the finish line :) Well, I may still pop on the forums from time to time. Maybe. But for the most part I will be gone as in gone. And I'll try my hardest not to think about LT-related theory. I'll try :lol:

As for the dev logs, well, sorry to disappoint - I won't be posting them! I'll post placeholder logs with a link to this announcement before I leave. Perhaps the creative among you can use your imaginations to craft a series of fake dev logs depicting my travels while I'm away...
PS ~
  • I know I don't need to say this, but I always do feel compelled to remind everyone that personal expenses are never mixed with backer funding. Your money is paying for the development of LT, not for my vacation (I've got my own money for that :) ).
---

Look forward to seeing you all again in two weeks!! Absolutely can't wait to see what it feels like to come back with my batteries recharged :geek: :wave:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: The Great Vacation of August 2014!

Perhaps the creative among you can use your imaginations to craft a series of fake dev logs depicting my travels while I'm away...
Is that a challenge? Wait - don't answer that. *clears throat* I accept. :)

Have fun, Josh! We'll miss you. Take care and make sure you relax and have a good time, but try not to get sick!

We should have a poll on where we think he is. *bets on Japan*

And yes, I'm with Hyperion on the pictures. :) Take lots!
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: The Great Vacation of August 2014!

Talvieno wrote:
Perhaps the creative among you can use your imaginations to craft a series of fake dev logs depicting my travels while I'm away...
Is that a challenge? Wait - don't answer that. *clears throat* I accept. :)

The moment I read that in Josh's post I knew someone would say that :lol:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now