Return to “Announcements”

Re: Development Update #19: July 2014

blackmetal, there's nothing to say against XD

Seriously, you're right, ships looking rly well compared to other games. I wonder how big can Josh go with ships (and maybe stations too?^^), before fps drop significantly. It seems to be an elegant way to avoid time consuming ship creation and modeling with some expensive 3D program.

+/- 1000 meter long ships was the goal. The smallest ships (fighters, probably) should be +/- 10 meter and Josh stated that the biggest ships could reach x100 that size. For stations is a little difficult to say, maybe 1000x1000x1000 meter max. What we don't know is of a number of stations could be joined together to make bigger ones (a chain of stations, so to speak).

I have no idea who that could be, but the image says something about Trent... ??? :lol:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

I really liked this update - when i first saw the ship i thought mm thats OK, then a seed number change and i thought 'wow' - also looks like we are in for an exciting few months, LTSL is amazing :D
Nice Josh - keep going man, and have a good day off :mrgreen: :monkey:
fraggdya's list of unreasonable demands!
1. I would like a tannoy in my ship that plays 'Ride of the Valkyries' on repeat.
2. A replica of the Icarus II ship
3. A shrubbery

Awesome!
Can't wait to play around with ship generation! And station generation. And everything generation!

Was a bit disapointed with the layered layout of the UI though. I generally dislike when UI's are on top of eachother.
tend to get cluttered very fast. Tiling is better. And more Nodes, less windows :)

But overall awesome month I think. Too bad we didn't get to see any imposters or colonies.
But I'm sure they'll be ready in a couple of days. Maybe a screenshot then? :squirrel:

rickisen wrote:But overall awesome month I think. Too bad we didn't get to see any imposters or colonies.
But I'm sure they'll be ready in a couple of days. Maybe a screenshot then? :squirrel:
I'm pretty sure we have seen the imposters. They took the place of faraway asteroids. That they were not recognizable as imposters is a success.

darkhorizon wrote:very impressive looking :clap: and totally off topic but how "procedurally generated" will ai battle strategy be? will they go Russian or will they have formations and finesse?
The idea of 'going Russian' with spaceships is horrifying and, yet, beautiful. :shifty:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Rabiator wrote: I'm pretty sure we have seen the imposters. They took the place of faraway asteroids. That they were not recognizable as imposters is a success.
Well I was under the impression that they would replace pretty much all far away asteroids, So that way you could also see the small ones, not just the big ones from far away. And I also though they would pretty much remove the asteroid-popping issues.

I think the performance optimizations Josh talked about in the update was something else than imposters.

Or am I wrong?

Online Now