Return to “Announcements”

Re: Development Update #19: July 2014

Grumblesaur wrote:I gaped so hard at that ship reveal that my ravioli nearly fell out of my mouth.
Welcome to the club. Give me an hour and some baking soda and I'll have some cookies to offer the new members. :mrgreen:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

I can't say much about LTSL, Josh, as it is a part of alien territory for me but I can see with my own eyes what a difference it makes to the development work for both you and all those who are getting excited about producing their own mods. This "changes on the fly" stuff is very impressive, even to those, like me, who have little interest in your chosen discipline. :D

Although you pointed out that the graphics hadn't changed, for some reason, I can't put my finger on it, they did look superior to previous updates. I was less impressed with the "pew-pewing" as the weapons fire seemed to be less impressive. Was it me or has that aspect of the game taken a backward step?

I have few doubts that the released version will be a triumph but I still need to see more game content before I can say for sure that it will be the game that will claim the biggest chunk of my free time. I still can't see how you will find the time to include all this game content you have promised, or how inspiring you will find the work needed to do this, but I am still hoping that you will provide that "hook" which will have me saying, "Just one more "mission" before I go to bed".

I understand you now have the tools to do the job, my friend, now give us the gaming content many of us are craving to see. :thumbup: :D :monkey:

Did I say I was impressed with the whole of what I've just sat and watched? Well, I am Josh Parnell. :D :D I just need more! :lol:

Victor Tombs wrote: Although you pointed out that the graphics hadn't changed, for some reason, I can't put my finger on it, they did look superior to previous updates. I was less impressed with the "pew-pewing" as the weapons fire seemed to be less impressive. Was it me or has that aspect of the game taken a backward step?
I noticed that too... I couldn't quite place my finger on it either, but the pew pew noise effect seemed almost cartoonish, and of an altogether lower quality sound than you would expect... I think the sound needs a lower pitch and more resonance or something...

Beautiful update, but yes, time to turn attention to content
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now