Return to “Announcements”

Re: Shifting the Release Date to Early 2015.

Talvieno wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:It would be nice to see some answers to a few pertinent questions that have been raised on the forums. Especially now you have awarded yourself the luxury of all this extra time.
^--- This *cough civiliansandpareidolicicons cough*
*cough pipelinesandsystemsmanagementandadvancedcommunicationsbecausetheyprovidemoregameplay cough*

puuh... long cough.

And to the ones wanting to throw more money at josh because they fear that he could run out of money:
He got 5 times the money he needed for his initial 1 year shedule, so i guess there would be 3 more years in after 2014 ;)

NinjaVartul wrote:Are the closed beta participants allowed to post videos?
Well, there wasnt an NDA on the prototype, so there wont be one on the beta
Re: Shifting the Release Date to Early 2015

JoshParnell wrote:Thank you guys for the understanding, really. Was terrified of posting this yesterday :cry: Always impresses me how positive the LT community is, though :)
As passionate, dedicated, and talented as you are, we could be nothing less.
You have our patience, our respect, and our enthusiasm. :D

Now go kick some ass! :thumbup: :wave:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Early 2015 is not a problem, I'm happy to wait for anything that is going to make the game way better than it already is. Even though the announcement has been expected for a while I really think Josh made the right call. If he had said that it was going to be late 2014 and then had to push it to early 2015 that would have damaged confidence (including mine) much more than giving us all more breathing space from the beginning. As it is, this doesn't worry me. What Josh is doing is amazing, and amazingly difficult, and it takes time. And as a lot of other people have mentioned already... MORE MONTHLY VIDEOS AND DAILY DEV LOGS WOO HOO! :D

JoshParnell wrote:Thank you guys for the understanding, really. Was terrified of posting this yesterday :cry: Always impresses me how positive the LT community is, though :)
Well - if anything it is worry for you.

We do get a full 6 month more of entertaining Dev Logs, forum life and development updates (thus postponing the issue to find something else to do on the couch in the evenings while my better half is using the TV to watch boring soaps). And we get to increase our expectation with time to even more unrealistic levels! So we be clearly winners. :thumbup: (ok, playing the game would be nice also, but it will taste better for all the waiting; beside, gaming is not something you can do well on the couch :P ).

But you: putting your life on hold, stopping your studies? I do hope you can still hold the rhythm without getting (more :mrgreen: ) crazy or risking your degrees.
That would be the only reason to advise you to actually cut some corners to get a release and get the pressure off - and get your life (incl. nice evenings on the coach with a potential better half, or crazy things like holidays) back.

Take care!

I pretty much expected the release to get pushed back because it takes some time to create awesomeness with just one guy. I have no problem with it being pushed back. Obviously I can't wait til it's done, but I want it to BE done when it is finally released.

So keep up the good work Josh, and keep up with the honest dissemination of info. It's far better to be honest than to try and mislead your fans, *cough* egosoft *cough cough*.

Oh, and by the way, take some time on the 4th, to spend time with family and friends. There is more to life than coding, even though you may not always think so. :lol:
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Skyfligher wrote:
Vartul wrote:Are the closed beta participants allowed to post videos?
He didn't seem to have any issues with the prototype videos that I put out so I wouldn't think that there will be restrictions, but in the end that's Josh's decision. If there are no issues with it You can expect many from me! :D
That reminds me, that's a whole section of the FAQ that's missing... I'll work on it soonish.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Skyfligher wrote: He didn't seem to have any issues with the prototype videos that I put out so I wouldn't think that there will be restrictions, but in the end that's Josh's decision. If there are no issues with it You can expect many from me! :D
I'm looking forward to those videos Fly :)
A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.

In magenta we trust

Online Now