Return to “Announcements”

Re: Shifting the Release Date to Early 2015

Victor Tombs wrote:You should have left your original post as it was, Katawa. I appreciated the concern you expressed, thank you. :D
I changed it because I didn't actually know what time it was where you were so I wasn't sure if it was going to make sense. I guess we made the change/reply at the same time which is why mine doesn't say edited even though it is.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

I'm not a backer (not by choice, I just didn't hear about LT in time) so I don't have much of a say, but here's my 2 cents anyhow:

Good call, Josh--it was pretty obvious from your updates & videos that this wasn't going to happen by the middle of 2014, and that you were going to need some more time perfecting your vision. Kudos to you for making the tough call instead of shipping the game "unfinished". I'd much rather wait 6 extra months and get the space-sim of my dreams...

And kudos to the backers/community--pretty awesome group IMO.
Last edited by jasonbarron on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just make sure you don't beat yourself up over this too much ok? It is very normal for games to slip, and even though you are in this vanguard of the 'new' crowdfunding era of independent game dev, you are still an indie dev with no hard nosed business people (and lawyers) breathing down your neck for returns on their investment.

It's just you and us, and for my part take as long as you need to make your perfect game (i know others will not be as patient, but you have a spread of feelings on this from all your backers). A few points on this from that last video:

1. LT still needs this time, you will want to make those improvements you will need too, the new ports on planet needs fleshing out a bit etc.

2. Adding the mod support will give you an option to not have to finish it as 'fully' as you may wish (in a perfectionist method), which is a good thing. As you say it will be amazing to see what modders can do with this, Morrowind is a case in point.

3. Those that have the beta access can have more time to help you finish this project up, that is good too.

So overall, i think you just made the right choice and gave yourself more time to make your game better, certainly good enough to keep us all happy. Keep it up, your doing magic :)

This was the right decision. This month's focus on modding shows that there are things that you simply did not anticipate to be possible but now just need the time to do.

And it shows that you were careful with the KS funds enough that you HAVE this time to be able to deliver a quality product. It is a good thing that you were not getting to a "strapped for cash" point that dooms so many projects to failure.

So I say. No problem! Keep doing things you never thought possible throughout 2014!

Edit: I do have a request tho. If possible. Please let us start Pre-Ordering through Steam.

TBH. I think he will burn out before he runs out of money... He wants to get back to his life. His work ethic is unreal, but damn, 2 years is a long time to be working at this pace. Having done this sort of pace for 6 months was exhausting, I can't imagine 2 years.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:TBH. I think he will burn out before he runs out of money... He wants to get back to his life. His work ethic is unreal, but damn, 2 years is a long time to be working at this pace. Having done this sort of pace for 6 months was exhausting, I can't imagine 2 years.
Yup, that might certainly be the case. He is pushing those updates and features out in unhumanly speed.
This game is going to be great. Simply because of his absolute dedication to the project^^
But let's hope he still cares enough about his health, mental and physical :P

Online Now