Return to “Announcements”

Re: Development Logs

JoshParnell wrote:The game used to run quite well on my 3-year-old laptop, which was significantly less powerful, but it kicked the bucket a few months ago so I haven't been able to test it recently.
On that train of thought, would you want us to report back performance on our machines just to see the high and lows that the LT engine will work with? I'm assuming there's going to be a database set up to track all these different spec'd machines. :)

P.S - I think you need to actually take some time off, Josh. 16 hours...man!
In Josh we trust.

TanC wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:The game used to run quite well on my 3-year-old laptop, which was significantly less powerful, but it kicked the bucket a few months ago so I haven't been able to test it recently.
On that train of thought, would you want us to report back performance on our machines just to see the high and lows that the LT engine will work with? I'm assuming there's going to be a database set up to track all these different spec'd machines. :)

P.S - I think you need to actually take some time off, Josh. 16 hours...man!
Yes, I will create a thread for it at launch...I don't imagine anything as fancy as a database though. And yeah...I am looking forward to stepping down from these 16 hour days...they are frying my brain...in a good way :shock:
Katorone wrote:Anyone else F5-ing to see if Josh has finished the dev log post yet? :D

I'm addicted, it's unhealthy!
Pahaha come now, they've been so boring lately!! :oops: I promise to continue feeding the addiction soon!!!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:
Katorone wrote:Anyone else F5-ing to see if Josh has finished the dev log post yet? :D

Pahaha come now, they've been so boring lately!! :oops: I promise to continue feeding the addiction soon!!!
Not at all! I have a very active imagination!
When you're writing about combat and collision avoidance and stuff, my mind goes to an asteroid field where tie fighters are chasing the millennium falcon. Then my mind thinks about how X3 does it, with their trial & error collision avoidance and suddenly that scene becomes very funny.

So yeah, I'm keeping myself entertained but still based on the dev logs. :)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:

Not at all! I have a very active imagination!
When you're writing about combat and collision avoidance and stuff, my mind goes to an asteroid field where tie fighters are chasing the millennium falcon. Then my mind thinks about how X3 does it, with their trial & error collision avoidance and suddenly that scene becomes very funny.

So yeah, I'm keeping myself entertained but still based on the dev logs. :)
/Agree. I look forward to reading the Dev log every morning when I go to work, it's usually posted while I'm waiting for my lift. I have never found any aspect of these logs to be boring, and I belive that once the game is released if they are packaged in book form most if not a all if the community will buy it. Josh's writing style and the way his personality shines through the lines of text make them an enjoyable read.

Online Now