Return to “Announcements”

Post

Re: Development Update #16: April 2014

#5
The content of the update was really great, happy to see things working together. And the game is even shinier :thumbup:

But on another side, I found the update really hard to follow, especially visually since the interface was popping several windows 10 times a second :shock:

Anyway the most important is what the update shows, and your work was fantastic this month again, good job :D
Post

Re: Development Update #16: April 2014

#6
Groufac wrote:But on another side, I found the update really hard to follow, especially visually since the interface was popping several windows 10 times a second :shock:
:oops: Sorry...that UI is very fast to use when you learn it :geek: Hopefully it will be a good thing for the player (but not for viewers :ghost: )
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Post

Re: Development Update #16: April 2014

#7
Maybe it's just me being one of the elderly boys but all this switching from one thing to another at a very rapid pace was distracting. I'm not sure if it's the coffee Josh but it was a bit hyper for me. You say something like let's enjoy the view and that lasts for about as long as it takes me to blink a couple of times. :P

That said, this was another awesome update which I am looking forward to watching in 1080p torrent. I can't get used to how dynamic the system is and it's not even complete yet. Thanks! :D

AND Groufac beat me to it.
Post

Re: Development Update #16: April 2014

#9
Victor Tombs wrote:Maybe it's just me being one of the elderly boys but all this switching from one thing to another at a very rapid pace was distracting. I'm not sure if it's the coffee Josh but it was a bit hyper for me. You say something like let's enjoy the view and that lasts for about as long as it takes me to blink a couple of times. :P

That said, this was another awesome update which I am looking forward to watching in 1080p torrent. I can't get used to how dynamic the system is and it's not even complete yet. Thanks! :D

AND Groufac beat me to it.
Imagine how long it would be if I hadn't been hyped up on coffee :shock:

Seriously though...as we get more into content development, I am finding it harder and harder to say and show all that I want to say and show in a reasonable time without mowing through it :cry:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Post

Re: Development Update #16: April 2014

#11
JoshParnell wrote:Imagine how long it would be if I hadn't been hyped up on coffee Seriously though...as we get more into content development, I am finding it harder and harder to say and show all that I want to say and show in a reasonable time without mowing through it
Has anyone ever complained about your video update being too long? Good grief, it's the highlight of my month when it comes to Limit Theory. You could easily have made a longer video and given yourself time to dwell a little. I can just see the members complaining about another overly long video from you....

no actually I can't. :P
Post

Re: Development Update #16: April 2014

#12
Really awesome progress!

About piracy, I know it looks cool but does the pirates have to blow up ships?
What you frequently see happening both in reality and in Eve online is pirates taking your ship (and cargo) ransom, and asking you pay a reasonable amount of money or dump your cargo before they hand it back.

I'm not saying pirates should be boarding, but just being able to disable engines to lock the ship in place and show that they can destroy the ship should be enough to make a point.


I'm also not convinced that hiring bounty hunters would be the most effective anti-piracy measure. Having your own Escorts that are either stationed in the system to respond to piracy acts or follow the miners out into the field to provide even better protection would be more useful ( even if it requires a bigger investment ). A bounty hunter would just targets someone that have previously been mean to you, but might currently be in the process of raiding your main competitor instead! I assume this is part of the "security" projects when they are implemented later on.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron