Return to “Announcements”

Re: Gameplay Demo #5

Thanks guys :)
nmull wrote:I would have liked to have seen you land on a planet like that...
If only :(

As already stated, seamless planetary landing is almost certainly not going to happen. Sorry!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

A quick question Josh. I understand that this update was a quick demo but the ship you were flying around with looked to me like it was a very large capital ship itself.
Will ships of that size be *less* nimble in the real game?
ie: I'd expect only the smallest of craft/ships/fighters to be able to turn on a dime. The larger the ship the slower it will take to change orientation (just like small vs large ships at sea)

You're right, it was using the same generation code as capital ships. For a ship of that size, I will replace the algorithm with one that generates something that looks more like a fighter! And yes, large ships will have a much harder time maneuvering (although the AI ship rotations were a bit bugged in this demo, as you may have noticed).
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Josh i am happy for your success and i feel good because i did my good pledge to support your development of the game limit theory...excelent !!! Greetings from Walter Sanchez V Medellin Colombia

Josh your work is excelent but it'd be lovely to see more of these gorgeous ships you're giving us. I'd like to see spotlights on the ships to light them up (especially the carriers and space stations) and maybe a system config item for ambient lighting so as we can all tailor it to our individual tastes.

Keep up the good work Josh, and may Limit Theory be the start of something much bigger for you. :lol:

Video looks great. I have a few questions/comments though.
The carriers look like they have turrets but the beam weapons don't appear to be coming out of the barrels of the turrets, will that be fixed as development progresses?
You mentioned you had clipping turned off but on a few occasions the carriers appear to shoot through themselves, If there is like a tower on a carrier and a turret behind it will the tower actually block the shot or will it be able to shoot through the tower?
On large ships with multiple turrets will be able to target multiple enemies or will it always be every weapon trained on a single target?
Examples:
Large long-range anti-capital ship energy weapons are aimed at enemy capital ship as directed by player while smaller shorter range turrets not suitable for damaging capital ships are controlled by the AI firing at incoming fighters/torpedoes (and not all of them at one at a time... each targeting the closest fighter/torpedo to it maybe).

Large long-range anti-capital ship energy weapon arranged in two banks (maybe fore and aft or starboard and port) with each bank firing at a separate capital ship fighter designated by the player)

Online Now