Return to “Announcements”

Re: Ultra-High-Quality Monthly Update Video Torrents

joker wrote:I torrented the May update hoping that the blockyness seen in the youtube videos would go away
However the blockyness is still here in the torrented video http://puu.sh/9xXJJ/ebd2c14cdf.jpg
(click somewhere on the image to zoom in and see the blockyness)
Why doesn't he just use fraps, videos recorded with that don't get the blockyness
Blockiness will appear whenever you use compression. The greater the compression, the more blocky it becomes (RAW files at 1920x1080 are around 30gb so you can't exactly use uncompressed). I've used fraps, and depending on the compression and codec I used, I still get blockiness as well.

But to answer the question on why he doesn't just use Fraps? Because his main coding machine is linux, not windows, and switching just for the sake of taking videos is what originally gave us delays in the monthly update months ago (the delays now are because of coding ones, not capturing).
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
Re: Ultra-High-Quality Monthly Update Video Torrents

DWMagus wrote:
joker wrote:I torrented the May update hoping that the blockyness seen in the youtube videos would go away
However the blockyness is still here in the torrented video http://puu.sh/9xXJJ/ebd2c14cdf.jpg
(click somewhere on the image to zoom in and see the blockyness)
Why doesn't he just use fraps, videos recorded with that don't get the blockyness
Blockiness will appear whenever you use compression. The greater the compression, the more blocky it becomes (RAW files at 1920x1080 are around 30gb so you can't exactly use uncompressed). I've used fraps, and depending on the compression and codec I used, I still get blockiness as well.

But to answer the question on why he doesn't just use Fraps? Because his main coding machine is linux, not windows, and switching just for the sake of taking videos is what originally gave us delays in the monthly update months ago (the delays now are because of coding ones, not capturing).
ah ok! that makes sense thanks for for answering :thumbup:

Online Now