Return to “Announcements”

Re: Development Update #10: October 2013

Haron wrote:Hi! I just posted article about LT. This site is Russian analogue of Slashdot site with a large russian speaking audience.
So you can expect new people on this forum that doesn't speak English very well ;) .
Hi Haron! Welcome and thanks for covering us! I look forward to greeting our Russian space-sim friends :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

I watched the new video soon after it came out. But I haven't been able to post about it until now because my jaw, having dropped to the floor, has been in the way of the keyboard.

I still can't say much; I'd just be injecting a long string of superlative adjectives into a sentence: amazing, beautiful, remarkable, effective, aesthetic, practical, elegant, glorious, well-conceived, phenomenal, etc., etc.

But I will say this. The first game I designed and wrote was a (Newtonian) multiplayer space combat game for the IBM mainframe. Since then I've been designing games, active (as a amateur) in game development circles, and programming (non-games) and managing some very good developers in my professional life. I've even written my own galaxy exploration game (probably never to be finished or released).

So I'm in a certain position to say that what Josh has shown in this latest video is well-deserving of all those adjectives I listed above, and a lot more besides. It's remarkable work, done remarkably quickly, and Josh deserves every bit of the awe being heaped on his efforts.

There's an old saying about building things: you can have it fast, you can have it cheap, or you have it good -- pick any two.

Somehow Josh seems to have found a way to do all three.

:clap:

Flatfingers wrote:There's an old saying about building things: you can have it fast, you can have it cheap, or you have it good -- pick any two.

Somehow Josh seems to have found a way to do all three.

:clap:
Indeed! Surely this breaks some fundamental law of Physics or something?! Anyway just wanted to say thanks for a completely amazing update as usual for LT. You are all doing wonders here.

Zak Gordon wrote:Anyway just wanted to say thanks for a completely amazing update as usual for LT. You are all doing wonders here.
I am sure Josh and the LT community (of which you are a part, don't forget) are encouraged by your kind words. Now, is there any chance of one or two of my Elite brethren posting the occasional morsel in the Elite Dangerous thread in our Games section? I will do the same on the LT thread as I've been doing for sometime now. I think we've established that Commanders are welcome here and we really don't bite. :D

Online Now