Return to “Announcements”

Re: Development Update #9: September 2013

Headlights headlights headlights!

Nothing says exploration like slowly gliding through a dark vast dust and debris/asteroid field with scanners and lights sweeping from object to object and illuminating them.

:thumbup:

Even more so if you have a built in minigame where you have direct control of direction and strength/size of headlights/scanners via mouse while the ships follows a fairly straight path through the field.

Add the mysterious mood music, a random seed of wrecks/derelicts/alien ruins as well as some hostile pirate bases and this is the most awesome space exploration game ever envisioned. :thumbup:

I think the muzzle flash is so big, it makes it look like the lasers are shooting from behind the turret. Of course, if that's not the case, then that bug hasn't been fixed. I know that was an issue during the prototype.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Josh I missed pledging but would gladly have chipped in on the game. I've been keeping up with the game on the sidelines.

Saw your comments on the AI and it sounds perfect! Nothing has excited me more than seeing people getting away from the tried and true mostly static AI models in games.

I'll buy it on release and would love to be in your alpha/beta.

Best of luck!

Sinperium wrote:Josh I missed pledging but would gladly have chipped in on the game. I've been keeping up with the game on the sidelines.

Saw your comments on the AI and it sounds perfect! Nothing has excited me more than seeing people getting away from the tried and true mostly static AI models in games.

I'll buy it on release and would love to be in your alpha/beta.

Best of luck!

It is definitely a one of my big selling points, a universe that is no different with or without you. The NPCs doing everything the player can do is a huge thing for me.

I'm hoping you can have AI 'friends' you can have around with you, and possibly even the chance of them betraying you for their own ulterior motives.

I'd even like to see the AI forming squads and convoys of their own maybe even inviting you into them as well.

I know Josh said the AI is capable of it on the high level design of the AI but the game play capabilities of that have to be integrated.

I can't wait to see what's in store for Dev Update 10!

THERE
ARE
FOUR
LIGHTS

In Josh we trust

Alimarin wrote:I'm hoping you can have AI 'friends' you can have around with you, and possibly even the chance of them betraying you for their own ulterior motives.

I'd even like to see the AI forming squads and convoys of their own maybe even inviting you into them as well.
Josh did mention this sometime back when we discussed AI earlier. He mentioned that we would be able to help out an AI in trouble and in return the AI will return the favor by helping you out during your time of need. Not so sure about the betrayal part though I don't think that is out of the question, with how Josh is planning on having the AI preferences weighted. Maybe have one weighted towards betrayal and disloyal. :thumbup:

NPC Interactions
In Josh we trust.

Online Now