Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

Still here... time flies.

So I know it'd probably be wrong to do so, but has anyone thought about actually tracking down Josh and politely reminding him he was going to release the source code 3 years ago..?
So, what now?

Well, I will prepare the source code for release. It's not a working game, and in my frenzy to get things working I've left huge swaths of code in a half-refactored or half-complete state. But releasing it is the least I can do. I don't imagine it will be of any use to anyone, other than as a monument to a failed dream. Perhaps those who are interested in game engines will glean a thing or two from the engine, as it is a fairly solid piece of engineering, much more solid than the Lua game code.

Hurracane wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:25 pm
Still here... time flies.

So I know it'd probably be wrong to do so, but has anyone thought about actually tracking down Josh and politely reminding him he was going to release the source code 3 years ago..?
Yup, and tell him that there is a discord group wanting to finish the game if he gives them the chance to work on it. I would love to know if he is doing well.

Still come back here every once in a while even though I know there will likely never be another update from Josh.
Just wanted to share that Josh, and Limit Theory, is the reason I got into programming. And since my last post apart from working as a developer I have finally have my computer engineering degree. :squirrel:

Really hope Josh is doing well with whatever endeavor he's currently undertaking and isn't too stressed about how he left LT. :)
A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.

In magenta we trust

Online Now