Return to “Everything & Anything”

JOSH!!! Are you eating enough?!

Hey Josh I just finished reading all of your dev blogs, great stuff so far! Truely amazing :)

Now only one concern bugs me really out..

Are you eating enough? :O

Jokes aside, you are a great guy and it is clearly to see how dedicated you are! But now I really would like to see you further more supported.

For that I would wonder if it were possible to implement a donation system for your main website, my personal choice would be Paypal, because then we all could wire you some virtual "lunch" ;)

Keep up the great work, we are all cheering for you!!

-Komu
Re: JOSH!!! Are you eating enough?!

Komurin wrote:Hey Josh I just finished reading all of your dev blogs, great stuff so far! Truely amazing :)

Now only one concern bugs me really out..

Are you eating enough? :O

Jokes aside, you are a great guy and it is clearly to see how dedicated you are! But now I really would like to see you further more supported.

For that I would wonder if it were possible to implement a donation system for your main website, my personal choice would be Paypal, because then we all could wire you some virtual "lunch" ;)

Keep up the great work, we are all cheering for you!!

-Komu
Eating's for wimps. He just wires up a drip and keeps on coding. :twisted:

:lol: Thanks for the concern! I assure you that I'm getting enough food :D And coffee. Probably too much of the latter...
JabbleWok wrote:To be fair, he should change the drip regularly. I like to alternate between a smoky Java and an aromatic Costa Rica, with the occasional earthy Ethiopia for when I'm in the zone :D
Excellent, I'll take it under advisement and get myself some alternative flavors :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote::lol: Thanks for the concern! I assure you that I'm getting enough food :D And coffee. Probably too much of the latter...
JabbleWok wrote:To be fair, he should change the drip regularly. I like to alternate between a smoky Java and an aromatic Costa Rica, with the occasional earthy Ethiopia for when I'm in the zone :D
Excellent, I'll take it under advisement and get myself some alternative flavors :D
Haha well of course always!! :D But I thought of it more as a humorous way to suggest that it might me an interesting idea to get maybe a donation system up and running ;)

Just concerned for the long run, because you deserve as much support as possible^^

Komurin wrote:Haha well of course always!! :D But I thought of it more as a humorous way to suggest that it might me an interesting idea to get maybe a donation system up and running ;)

Just concerned for the long run, because you deserve as much support as possible^^
Josh has already said he will not be taking further financial support:
JoshParnell wrote:I'm really sorry...while I would really like to give you an option that would allow pledging <after the close of the Kickstarter>, I personally do not appreciate it when I see owners extending campaigns past their deadlines, and for this reason, I'm going to be pretty adamant about shutting down LT funding come the 22nd. My reasoning is that, since we've already made more than enough to support the game, allowing anything beyond the KS deadline would just be inappropriate.

That being said, feel free to hang around the forums and still participate with the LT community in the mean time :) And come 2014, no one will be able to stop you from hopping in your ship!!!
JoshParnell wrote:Sorry :(

It was a matter of principle for me, as I felt that leaving donations open just wouldn't be right considering that we have already raised more than enough for the game. I closed the Paypal option yesterday shortly after the campaign ended.

I hope you won't mind waiting for the real thing! :)
Emphasis and anything in yellow added by me for clarity.
I am 42.

DWMagus wrote:Doubt he'll give out an address for us to call up the local Pizza Hut though.
He doesn't have to - just of a nearby Pizza Hut he can collect from, or to whom he can provide delivery details himself. Or even wear dark clothes and have the handover in an underground car park. Pizza in a briefcase. 8-)

In these days of interweb it should be possible to coordinate such things.
HowSerendipitous wrote:How to make an infinite pizza, though.... Maybe everything on the menu?
Standard programmer fare - the giant "complete works" pizza. Assuming it's also for breakfast. :D

TanC wrote:Or we can just code him a pizza using scalar fields with exponential falloff on the toppings and lots of reiteration on the pizza code to make it deliver nutrients efficiently when he is consuming it. :lol:
YES!!!

+100 bonus points for knowing my favorite mathematical pizza toppings.

and don't forget the c++ dipping sauce please.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now