Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: 10000 Asteroids Testlevel (WebGL)

DreamKeys wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm
Yeah, it's strange.

I did test it on chromium, firefox, opera and brave ... runs fine on every browser but no keyboard input.
I'm on a german keyboard layout which should be no issue for those keys.

It's like the Unity WebGL Player doesn't grab keyboard input somehow.

on a german keyboard as well, works fine for me.

not that i'd think that it would change anything, just confirming that thats not it.

FormalMoss wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:43 pm
EDIT2: Okie, I get it now, will get this running ona 50" plasma and my 6-core rig tomorrow.. will leave it running for a few hours and see what happens :D (can i reach the sun??)
Yes, of course. The ship flies at 150 m/s max. Since the scene is near a gas giant, the star is about the distance away as Jupiter to the sun, so around 778 million km.

it will take around 164 years. :mrgreen:

(There will be some faster mode of travel between locations)

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:30 am

not that i'd think that it would change anything, just confirming that thats not it.
I assume that some linux systems might handle key-events differently, something that the unity key-event implementation does not capture.
At the end, its all javascript that it compiles to.
Maybe I cook up some separate javascript testbed, to narrow down the problem, if its related to unity or javascript in general.

Damocles wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:57 am
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:30 am

I assume that some linux systems might handle key-events differently, something that the unity key-event implementation does not capture.
At the end, its all javascript that it compiles to.
Maybe I cook up some separate javascript testbed, to narrow down the problem, if its related to unity or javascript in general.
i just checked it with my mint laptop
worked with both the integrated keyboard and an external one i plugged in.

did nothing special to get it to work. just started the default version.

I have put in some "party rockets",
There have no finished rocket mechanics, its more a placeholder to test the dynamic light emission.
(eg, they fly through everything, and have not dynamic targeting, and not sound yet)

But if you really dislike an asteroid, you can shoot it at least, instead of shaking your fist at it.

spaceclutter RCS demo
(launch barrage with space)
Last edited by Damocles on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now