Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: 10000 Asteroids Testlevel (WebGL)

Damocles wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:02 pm
here a version with just 1000 asteroids:
spaceclutter 1000

Lets see if that helps the FPS ;)

And also a target marker as suggested by Cornflakes
no more FPS dips below 60 anywhere anymore.

and i was more thinking of an indicator as to in which direction the ship is currently flying in, not the direction it would end up flying if i changed direction now :D

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:08 pm
Damocles wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:02 pm
here a version with just 1000 asteroids:
spaceclutter 1000

Lets see if that helps the FPS ;)

And also a target marker as suggested by Cornflakes
no more FPS dips below 60 anywhere anymore.

and i was more thinking of an indicator as to in which direction the ship is currently flying in, not the direction it would end up flying if i changed direction now :D
The player will be able to upgrade the ship modules. So that could be then some projection ... or a really long rod.

The target marker was in my main branch, I just did not port it to the demo.
Last edited by Damocles on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victor Tombs wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:14 pm
Release date, Damocles? :angel:
I intend to take below 5 years ;)
I dont really know, its a personal side project.
The multiplayer part is working but not fleshed out. So stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks.

I dont plan to make it a highly competative multiplayer. The DEV galaxy is around 500 systems with around 8 planetary systems each (and their moons), and other places.
So enough space to have a nice singleplay exploration experience.
In the end, the features are not nailed down yet, still under change.
Last edited by Damocles on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Damocles wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:18 pm

I intend to take below 5 years ;)
I dont really know, its a personal side project.
The multiplayer part is working but not fleshed out. So stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks.
The multiplayer aspects don't hold much interest for me but I'm keen to see how your side project develops, Damocles. :angel:

It's always good to see this sort of presentation on the forums. I miss Etsu, he used to do this sort of thing with his projects.

Victor Tombs wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:26 pm

The multiplayer aspects don't hold much interest for me but I'm keen to see how your side project develops, Damocles. :angel:

It's always good to see this sort of presentation on the forums. I miss Etsu, he used to do this sort of thing with his projects.
My plan is, that the player can choose to play in multiplayer, or singleplayer-mode.
Where the singleplayer is in the same galaxy, but more of a player in a "parallel" dimension. He can still see how the galaxy develops, see stations build by the online players, but is not a target of any sort. I know that online games can turn off players - who just want to enjoy a game at their own pace - by being placed in a competitive environment.
Last edited by Damocles on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now