Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: CTRL - V

Grumblesaur wrote:
FormalMoss wrote: <snip>
Making my eyes hurt with lack of whitespace?
:lol: :D
If there were whitespaces in there, it wouldn't do what DWMagus correctly surmised (and he wins a lollipop).
DWMagus wrote: Copying files (listed in dirs.txt) from C:\ up to a server into a folder named after the PC name and generating a report using the logging function and storing it into a txt file in the same directory.
Robocopy FTW.
Of course, if you have a second list of computers, you could abstract this one more level and have it iterate through all of them remotely if you just use the \\%PCNAME%\C$ share. :P
Then you could also link that bat/cmd file into a scheduled task and make it automatically run. ;)
Ahh, but I have nicer batch scripts that help when working on computers, and for those, I prefer to use nested for loops

Code: Select all

for /l %%I IN (2,1,52) handles the 3rd octet
for /l %%I IN (2,1,9) handles the 4th octet
and an if /i "%IP%" equ "%DOESNTEXISTS%" handles the PCs that don't exist on the network :)
This script is primarily used to connect to the server and backup a tonne of directories (in a fire and forget fashion), and ending up with a
find /i ":" report*.txt
into another text file to concatenate all the reports into a single file - then I just look for the results, and as long as they're mostly 0 (ie. no skipped files), I'm happy there is a successful copy... which can then be verified by running my favourite db.cmd (which is run from the directory in question, via CMD prompt).

Code: Select all

@echo off
cls
dir /s/w | find /i "byte"
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Which is a good and bad thing. I tried TraVR, a rather quick horror demo that asks you to follow another soldier around an industrial environment, and of course you're soon attacked by some supernatural enemies. The darkness of the game, mixed with the sudden attacks and physical gun controller you hold while playing, left me out of breath. It's easy to feel trapped inside of virtual reality at first, I had to close my eyes and remind myself that it was a simulation.

The bourgeoisie, wherever it has got the upper hand, has put an end to all feudal, patriarchal, idyllic relations. It has pitilessly torn asunder the motley feudal ties that bound man to his “natural superiors”, and has left remaining no other nexus between man and man than naked self-interest, than callous “cash payment”. It h

Plagiarism is difficult in the age of Google... especially when you are plagiarizing Karl Marx
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

1. Renard's first album was under this name while he was in a band of three, formed in Canada . It's got some damn awful singing. Even Renard himself suggests that you not buy that album, much less download the thing.

Yea. Stuff!
panic

Online Now