Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: The "I'm gonna be away..." thread

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:25 pm
He popped into IRC just a little while ago. :D He's doing perfectly fine, and even upgraded his graphics card to a GTX 1080 (apparently 11GB, if I read correctly)
Yes, it's the "ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING GF GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB GDDR5X PCIe 3.0 x16 DVI Graphics Card", Nathan. :D
Cody wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:45 pm
The GTX 1080 Ti. I presume - too much for me. The GTX 1070 Ti is on my wanted list though.
I had to sell both kidneys, Cody. ;) :angel:

Cody wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:23 pm
I had a problem with Amazon recently - ended up costing me an extra £100 to source a component elsewhere.
Then I had a spat with DPD, a bunch of cowboys who took two weeks to move said component thirty miles!

I try to buy elsewhere now, but it's often financially painful.
I had a similar problem with Overclockers, they failed to send me an IO shield about 9 years ago. After much wrangling and no joy, I eventually told them flat out they'd never get any of my business ever again and, well, they haven't :twisted:

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:50 pm
I had a similar problem with Overclockers, they failed to send me an IO shield about 9 years ago. After much wrangling and no joy, I eventually told them flat out they'd never get any of my business ever again and, well, they haven't
I experienced problems with Overclockers, HowSerendipitous. They assembled one of my PC's a long time ago and decided that whatever wasn't built into the case I wouldn't need. Shortage of case screws and plates was immediately noticed by me. I can't say I was overly impressed although they did do a neat job of the assembly.

I'm still using the Antec Three Hundred case as the base for this "browsing" PC. I managed to install one of my surplus GTX 970's from my SLI setup into it to replace a GTX 750 Ti... but it was a really tight fit. :angel:

Online Now