Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: The "I'm gonna be away..." thread

Talvieno wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:10 am
After many unexpected problems (including but not limited to a complete and total loss of internet, and a triple-day flight delay of sorts), I'm finally back home! :D Will give a longer update tomorrow; right now I'm absolutely exhausted.
God damn! Finally!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Good News! For all those who find my interruptions extremely tiresome, I wish to inform you that I will be departing for at least two weeks of blissful retreat starting this weekend. The terms and conditions of said retreat contain a clause relating to internet access... there won't be any.

So you can party hard and not be bothered by my frequent ramblings here and on/in IRC. :mrgreen: :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:47 am
Thanks, Yorick! ;)

For some of you, it could be even better news. With luck on your side, I may even forget to return. Just imagine how wonderful that would be for you! :D :angel:
:o I'd miss you terribly. Even 2 weeks without you will be emptier and my life will be a little bit dimmer. However, knowing that you're on a retreat, I wish you the best of all possible 2 week+ retreats, and I'll make due.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:32 am
I'd miss you terribly. Even 2 weeks without you will be emptier and my life will be a little bit dimmer. However, knowing that you're on a retreat, I wish you the best of all possible 2 week+ retreats, and I'll make due.
:D I really appreciate your words, Hyperion.

I go through this phase of considering making a permanent exit from this place on a regular basis. I may be seen by some as a gregarious individual but it doesn't come naturally. I am a recluse who just happens to be able to communicate in a manner that on most levels seems to be accepted by others. I burn out from time to time in this effort. I'm always at my worst during the month of January. These retreats allow me to recharge my system and aid me to regain a sense of balance. :angel:

Online Now