Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: The "I'm gonna be away..." thread

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:25 pm
He popped into IRC just a little while ago. :D He's doing perfectly fine, and even upgraded his graphics card to a GTX 1080 (apparently 11GB, if I read correctly)
Yes, it's the "ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING GF GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB GDDR5X PCIe 3.0 x16 DVI Graphics Card", Nathan. :D
Cody wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:45 pm
The GTX 1080 Ti. I presume - too much for me. The GTX 1070 Ti is on my wanted list though.
I had to sell both kidneys, Cody. ;) :angel:

I had a problem with Amazon recently - ended up costing me an extra £100 to source a component elsewhere.
Then I had a spat with DPD, a bunch of cowboys who took two weeks to move said component thirty miles!

I try to buy elsewhere now, but it's often financially painful.
We pray for one last landing
On the globe that gave us birth
Let us rest our eyes on the fleecy skies
And the cool, green hills of Earth

Cody wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:23 pm
I had a problem with Amazon recently - ended up costing me an extra £100 to source a component elsewhere.
Then I had a spat with DPD, a bunch of cowboys who took two weeks to move said component thirty miles!

I try to buy elsewhere now, but it's often financially painful.
I had a similar problem with Overclockers, they failed to send me an IO shield about 9 years ago. After much wrangling and no joy, I eventually told them flat out they'd never get any of my business ever again and, well, they haven't :twisted:

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:50 pm
I had a similar problem with Overclockers, they failed to send me an IO shield about 9 years ago. After much wrangling and no joy, I eventually told them flat out they'd never get any of my business ever again and, well, they haven't
I experienced problems with Overclockers, HowSerendipitous. They assembled one of my PC's a long time ago and decided that whatever wasn't built into the case I wouldn't need. Shortage of case screws and plates was immediately noticed by me. I can't say I was overly impressed although they did do a neat job of the assembly.

I'm still using the Antec Three Hundred case as the base for this "browsing" PC. I managed to install one of my surplus GTX 970's from my SLI setup into it to replace a GTX 750 Ti... but it was a really tight fit. :angel:

Online Now