Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Colors are weird, man

What Dino said. The first picture shows the two combinations of primary colours (red/green/blue for additive, cyan/magenta/yellow for subtractive). Red/yellow/blue is neither additive nor subtractive; if you were to combine those three colours of light, you'd get a light red rather than white; and if you were to combine those three colours of paint, you'd get a muddy brown instead of black.
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)
Re: Colors are weird, man

DigitalDuck wrote:What Dino said. The first picture shows the two combinations of primary colours (red/green/blue for additive, cyan/magenta/yellow for subtractive). Red/yellow/blue is neither additive nor subtractive; if you were to combine those three colours of light, you'd get a light red rather than white; and if you were to combine those three colours of paint, you'd get a muddy brown instead of black.
Heh. I saw that too. I looked at the picture and was like "Red, yes. Blue, also yes. But Yellow? That's no primary. That's the wrong colour theory we talked about that everybody gets taught in the first few years of school. :mrgreen:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now