Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Tanks

When it comes to super-heavy tanks, I want to introduce you to a lovely Russian euphemism we use to dismiss the concept of super-heavy tanks entirely.

'A special warhead'.

Reads: 'a nuke'.
:ghost:
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander4 wrote:When it comes to super-heavy tanks, I want to introduce you to a lovely Russian euphemism we use to dismiss the concept of super-heavy tanks entirely.

'A special warhead'.

Reads: 'a nuke'.
:ghost:
Well, that's ONE way to understand it. :lol:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Cody wrote:K2 - the savage mountain!
looks like a melting ice cream. :D
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

What kind of moron has first drawn tanks with 4 threads, like in Halo and StarCraft? There's no conceivable reason for them to have 4 threads, it's dumb. It's 2x more threads to maintain, 2x threads to get damaged, 2x wheelbases to repair, and the ground pressure would be higher than if you just have two continuous threads :ghost:

Now, 4 threads were used in some tank projects, but they were placed very differently, with the idea of reducing ground pressure to the point of becoming Jesus Christ :ghost:

Like here, on the one and only UFO tank Object 279.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Online Now