Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Tanks

Meanwhile, a first confirmed kill of the mighty, never destroyed previously T-90 tank! Capitalists can rejoice!

Except that it seems to be a T-90 that was abandoned by its crew after being shot to Hell and captured by Al-Quaeda fighters, patched up somehow, and used for propaganda (the gunner's sight and fire control system was killed, only manual through-the-gun-barrel aiming was possible, it seems). It was killed by the Syrian Army T-72 using an APFSDS round to the side.

Therefore, memes:

Edit: still waiting for a better confirmation on it.

Edit 2: confirmed. Turns out, it was the first T-90 that was captured so long ago I totally forgot about it. Its turret was stuck facing backwards, it took those geniuses almost two years to fix it. Typical. But it had working FCS and all that. It was another T-90 that was shot really badly; and it was re-captured by the Syrian Army today. So, one way or another, all T-90 tanks came home :D
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Triggerhappy wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 am
Where is the tank in these last two pictures?
In the first: Check the horizon near the left. There's one, maybe two tanks there.
In the second: About halfway vertically and three-quarters from the left edge, you can see part of a tank. It's obscured by that tree in the foreground, though.

0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:45 am
Triggerhappy wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 am
Where is the tank in these last two pictures?
In the first: Check the horizon near the left. There's one, maybe two tanks there.
In the second: About halfway vertically and three-quarters from the left edge, you can see part of a tank. It's obscured by that tree in the foreground, though.
I can sort of see it in the first, but the second one completely escapes me. :?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

1. How advanced? Near-future, far future, galaxy far, far away?
2. How hard is the sci-fi setting you want it for?
3. Do you want to go full realistic or the rule of cool is all that matters?
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:55 am
1. How advanced? Near-future, far future, galaxy far, far away?
2. How hard is the sci-fi setting you want it for?
3. Do you want to go full realistic or the rule of cool is all that matters?
1. Near-Far. Within theoretical understanding of technology. Antimatter tech is as far as I am willing to go.
2. Game settings - Insane. Sci-fi settings - hard.
3. Full realistic, with rule of cool where it does not interfere.

Online Now