Relative quality of music over time

Just what it sounds like.

Relative quality of music over time

Postby JanB1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:29 am

FormalMoss wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:nanananananananananananananana
TALMAN
\o/


TALMAN



Oh god. The 2000nds were a weird time...
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Captain
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby Dinosawer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:31 am

1993 is the 2000's? :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
User avatar
Dinosawer
Admiral
 
Posts: 5646
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby Detritus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:55 am

I feel offended. :ghost:
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby Lum » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:48 am

Dinosawer wrote:1993 is the 2000's? :ghost:


And that's because they're weird... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Lum
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 3150
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:10 pm
Location: Potsdam (Germany)

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby JanB1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 am

Dinosawer wrote:1993 is the 2000's? :ghost:


Okay, well...approaching the 2000s. :D


Detritus wrote:I feel offended. :ghost:


Today everyone is offended by anything, right? ;)
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Captain
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby Talvieno » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 am

Offended by anything?! You heartless cur!! How could you say things like that! This is supposed to be a family-friendly forum!

:ghost:
User avatar
Talvieno
Community Manager
 
Posts: 7995
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm
Location: North GA, USA

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby BFett » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:06 pm

There was more rap and less singing in the 2000's than in the 90's. From what I recall there weren't that many good songs that came out in the 90's either.
User avatar
BFett
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:04 pm

BFett wrote:There was more rap and less singing in the 2000's than in the 90's. From what I recall there weren't that many good songs that came out in the 90's either.


Because you totally cant get any mid-20's to early 30's person to sing by turning up any arbitary 90's collection disc. Because there werent any memorable songs then :ghost:
User avatar
Cornflakes_91
Admiral
 
Posts: 9043
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:53 am
Location: Austria

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby JanB1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
BFett wrote:There was more rap and less singing in the 2000's than in the 90's. From what I recall there weren't that many good songs that came out in the 90's either.


Because you totally cant get any mid-20's to early 30's person to sing by turning up any arbitary 90's collection disc. Because there werent any memorable songs then :ghost:


No, there definitely weren't any great songs or bands... :shh:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Captain
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby Detritus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:05 pm

JanB1 wrote:
Detritus wrote:I feel offended. :ghost:


Today everyone is offended by anything, right? ;)

I was born in the year 2000, I have a right to be offended if you make me sound 7 years older than I am.
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby JanB1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Detritus wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
Detritus wrote:I feel offended. :ghost:


Today everyone is offended by anything, right? ;)

I was born in the year 2000, I have a right to be offended if you make me sound 7 years older than I am.


Well...that's awkward. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Captain
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby BFett » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Though probably not as awkward as being born in the 90s and not knowing for certain if you two are pulling my leg or not when it comes to memorable 90s artists.
User avatar
BFett
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby Just_Ice_au » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:33 am

BFett wrote:Though probably not as awkward as being born in the 90s and not knowing for certain if you two are pulling my leg or not when it comes to memorable 90s artists.


Most of my favourite music was made in the 90's!
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."
User avatar
Just_Ice_au
Moderator
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby HowSerendipitous » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:02 am

Image
User avatar
HowSerendipitous
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2398
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 pm
Location: In the tree. With the nuts.

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Postby Flatfingers » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:44 am

BFett wrote:There was more rap and less singing in the 2000's than in the 90's. From what I recall there weren't that many good songs that came out in the 90's either.

This is indisputable truth.

Prior to the '90s, digital fakery, and Western culture turning on itself, making music required talent.

This didn't prevent junk from being made. There was just more actual music, as a percentage of the total, made in the 50-year span from 1940-1990 than from 1990 onward when "music" was redefined as autotuned technical warbling and spewing narcissistic hate at 300 words per minute.

Really, every word I've said here should just be a Wikipedia entry.

Also, I sure hope there's a new devlog soon, because we are so far off-topic that no return may be possible.
User avatar
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 4483
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 am

Next

Return to Everything & Anything



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests