Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
BFett wrote:There was more rap and less singing in the 2000's than in the 90's. From what I recall there weren't that many good songs that came out in the 90's either.
Because you totally cant get any mid-20's to early 30's person to sing by turning up any arbitary 90's collection disc. Because there werent any memorable songs then :ghost:
No, there definitely weren't any great songs or bands... :shh:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Detritus wrote:I feel offended. :ghost:
Today everyone is offended by anything, right? ;)
I was born in the year 2000, I have a right to be offended if you make me sound 7 years older than I am.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
Detritus wrote:I feel offended. :ghost:
Today everyone is offended by anything, right? ;)
I was born in the year 2000, I have a right to be offended if you make me sound 7 years older than I am.
Well...that's awkward. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

BFett wrote:There was more rap and less singing in the 2000's than in the 90's. From what I recall there weren't that many good songs that came out in the 90's either.
This is indisputable truth.

Prior to the '90s, digital fakery, and Western culture turning on itself, making music required talent.

This didn't prevent junk from being made. There was just more actual music, as a percentage of the total, made in the 50-year span from 1940-1990 than from 1990 onward when "music" was redefined as autotuned technical warbling and spewing narcissistic hate at 300 words per minute.

Really, every word I've said here should just be a Wikipedia entry.

Also, I sure hope there's a new devlog soon, because we are so far off-topic that no return may be possible.

Online Now