When programmers are bored...

Just what it sounds like.

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby Talvieno » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:31 pm

IronDuke wrote:modding Microsoft and Ubisoft games (way harder than you think :geek:)

This depends entirely on the game. I've "modded" a few different Microsoft games, and the majority were incredibly easy (despite modding not being supported)... at least, if I got started. There were a couple that I just couldn't even touch. Of course, this was back in an older era of gaming, 10-15 years ago.
Image
Have a question? Send me a PM!
User avatar
Talvieno
Community Manager
 
Posts: 8192
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm
Location: North GA, USA

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby JanB1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:28 am

F4wk35 wrote:You know... :?

I can't shake my head hard enough to show how unable to compute your "Bored activities" my Non-Programmer-Brain is :crazy:


We have a non-programmer among us? :O

And shaking your head about the bored activities of whom? ^^
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby Detritus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm

I programmed a random weather generator.

It has a 50% chance of rain.
If it rains, there is a 50% chance of heavy rain.
If it rains, there is a 50% chance of thunder.
If it rains, there is a 50% chance of wind.
If it thunders, there is a 50% chance of lightning.
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby IronDuke » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 pm

Detritus wrote:If it thunders, there is a 50% chance of lightning.

In Soviet Russia, thunder makes lightning.

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
User avatar
IronDuke
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:47 pm
Location: The other end of the weapons barrage that's killing you. :3

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby Detritus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 pm

IronDuke wrote:
Detritus wrote:If it thunders, there is a 50% chance of lightning.

In Soviet Russia, thunder makes lightning.

--IronDuke

O mein Josh, Yes.
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby JanB1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:26 am

Detritus wrote:
IronDuke wrote:
Detritus wrote:If it thunders, there is a 50% chance of lightning.

In Soviet Russia, thunder makes lightning.

--IronDuke

O mein Josh, Yes.


You guys. :lol:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby DigitalDuck » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 am

Detritus wrote:I programmed a random weather generator.

It has a 50% chance of rain.
If it rains, there is a 50% chance of heavy rain.
If it rains, there is a 50% chance of thunder.
If it rains, there is a 50% chance of wind.
If it thunders, there is a 50% chance of lightning.


Weather determined entirely by coin tosses.
User avatar
DigitalDuck
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:53 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby Detritus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:48 am

DigitalDuck wrote:
Detritus wrote:I programmed a random weather generator.

It has a 50% chance of rain.
If it rains, there is a 50% chance of heavy rain.
If it rains, there is a 50% chance of thunder.
If it rains, there is a 50% chance of wind.
If it thunders, there is a 50% chance of lightning.


Weather determined entirely by coin tosses.

Yes.
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby Talvieno » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 am

But... thunder is caused by lightning. :o
Image
Have a question? Send me a PM!
User avatar
Talvieno
Community Manager
 
Posts: 8192
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm
Location: North GA, USA

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby Detritus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:02 am

Talvieno wrote:But... thunder is caused by lightning. :o

Perhaps I should change that to

If it lightnings, there is a 50% chance of thunder.

:D
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby DigitalDuck » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Detritus wrote:
Talvieno wrote:But... thunder is caused by lightning. :o

Perhaps I should change that to

If it lightnings, there is a 50% chance of thunder.

:D


That wouldn't really work, and your original one would.

The difference is one of visible lightning - you can have thunder without seeing lightning (the lightning is just obscured by cloud); but rarely do you have lightning without hearing thunder.
User avatar
DigitalDuck
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:53 pm
Location: Lincs, UK

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby Detritus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:56 pm

DigitalDuck wrote:
Detritus wrote:
Talvieno wrote:But... thunder is caused by lightning. :o

Perhaps I should change that to

If it lightnings, there is a 50% chance of thunder.

:D


That wouldn't really work, and your original one would.

The difference is one of visible lightning - you can have thunder without seeing lightning (the lightning is just obscured by cloud); but rarely do you have lightning without hearing thunder.

That was my reasoning when I wrote the code. But... I just... didn't point it out? :P
Image
User avatar
Detritus
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm
Location: Al Nair Gamma III B

Re: When programmers are bored...

Postby JanB1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Detritus wrote:
DigitalDuck wrote:Weather determined entirely by coin tosses.

Yes.


I...like that.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Previous

Return to Everything & Anything



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests